X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip, Panache! Christopher didn't want me to contact them just yet -- he's been training to run in his first 5k, so that's the first thing on his mind at the moment and he didn't want to add anything new in there. I guess he didn't want me to get too excited or make them think we might show up anytime soon I will contact them in a few weeks, I'm sure, but I'll keep that in mind to find out when we should plan on attending for beginning classes. I'm not sure how they run things at this particular place. Their webpage (the last time I'd seen it) hadn't been updated for a long time from the looks of it. I'm hoping they even still meet (they're probably the closest group to us, which is a refreshing change for my area).

Thanks so much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Panache! Christopher didn't want me to contact them just yet -- he's been training to run in his first 5k, so that's the first thing on his mind at the moment and he didn't want to add anything new in there.

Just to say, once he doesn't have so much on his mind SCD will really help with things like running.
    When you are working on footwork it has to be really precise and you learn to have very strict control over your muscles.
    This ends in strong legs that can sustain an awfy lot of movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arlen: I think he'll really enjoy it. We took ballroom dance for a while and had to stop. He's been missing it more than I have, actually, so I'm hoping he really gets into it. I'm looking forward to having something fun for exercise that doesn't seem like exercise and gets us out meeting people I took middle-eastern dance for a while and loved it, except for the fact that it was just me. This'll be great fun for us both, I think And I definitely agree on the legs and feet -- great strengthening exercise (not to mention balance).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12