I was just looking through the members list section checking out some of the names and I thought of a change request that I think would be awesome and well received. I didn't know who to contact for sure so I PM'd Jaime and he let me know to post the idea here.

If there was a field in the user profile that had a dropdown for each state in the USA, plus a dropdown for Country for those that don't live in the USA you should be able to create a filter to allow users to only look at members that live in their state if they wish to do so. You could also create an "Other" for those that don't wish to divulge where they live.

this would help especially with new members that want to get in contact with kilt members in their area, and be able to more accurately map out the demographics of where we are all centralized.

It's just a suggestion, and I understand if it would be too difficult to code that into the pages, or if you don't favor the idea period. I just thought I'd send you my suggestion, incase you liked it.

slainte!