X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to keep everyone in touch, we've made a few recent improvements to the layout of the main product page, and especially in the Images tab. A good example is e.g. http://www.scotweb.co.uk/newsite/sr_swhdr_eightyardkilt

I don't feel the functionality is quite there yet, so further feedback on this would be particularly welcome re. the contest.

Full details of the contest are of course in the main Sticky at:
    http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/s...834/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads up - one week to go!

We've had a few entries already, for which many thanks. (As I've mentioned to a couple of folk, we're not intending to respond to entries in detail until after the contest closes, so simple thanks meanwhile.) But given the early flurry of interest, we're a little surprised there haven't been more yet. This may be a sort of compliment if you're not finding so much to suggest. Or it may be that many of you are leaving it until late, until we've added further improvements as we go along.

But the relatively small number of entries (and I'm being truthful by the way) does mean that if you get one in with useful stuff to us you have a great chance of winning our rather special prize! Just thought you might like to know this... :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Chance!!!!

FINAL ALERT - LAST CHANCE TO ENTER

Just a wee note to remind everyone that we're accepting entries up until the end of the month (i.e. effectively first thing Monday UK time) so if you're wanting to get a submission in, remember to do so soon!

Thanks again to those who we've heard from so far. I trust you'll understand our decision not to respond individually until after the contest closes.

FYI, we're hoping to find time next week to sit down with the whole team and go through the entries, to then be able to decide a winner, which will of course be announced here. If there's a delay, it will quite likely be something to do with our increasingly imminent first child... so please bear with us! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick (Scotweb) View Post
    FINAL ALERT - LAST CHANCE TO ENTER

Just a wee note to remind everyone that we're accepting entries up until the end of the month (i.e. effectively first thing Monday UK time) so if you're wanting to get a submission in, remember to do so soon!

Thanks again to those who we've heard from so far. I trust you'll understand our decision not to respond individually until after the contest closes.

FYI, we're hoping to find time next week to sit down with the whole team and go through the entries, to then be able to decide a winner, which will of course be announced here. If there's a delay, it will quite likely be something to do with our increasingly imminent first child... so please bear with us! :-)
    Thanks for the update Nick! Good luck with the imminent child, I hope all goes well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm... apologies to anyone trying to submit a last-minute contest entry this weekend. But ALL our sites have been offline since late last night, due to an explosive failure (bad enough to knock walls down!) at The Planet (which claims to be the world's largest server farm) where we host some of our key services. It's affecting many thousands of other firms too.

In the interests of fairness, we'll accept further entries for at least 24 hours AFTER services are fully restored worldwide. We're not sure when this will be yet. We believe our actual servers are unaffected and it's just the power supplies and DNS for them causing problems. Could be hours... or considerably longer.

Sorry for any nuisance.

Nick

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789