X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Kilted Nation

Thanks to my credit card and the nice folks at The Kilted Nation I will have a Black Casual Kilt ( Poly-viscose material, though the heavy version ) and a pair of Black hose for 133.89 and i'll have it in 2 days.

However......i bought a pair of Kilt Hose from SportKilts and they should have said Kilt Socks...unimpressed.
    I like a nice short parade that ends at a bar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeson View Post
    Thanks to my credit card and the nice folks at The Kilted Nation I will have a Black Casual Kilt ( Poly-viscose material, though the heavy version ) and a pair of Black hose for 133.89 and i'll have it in 2 days.

However......i bought a pair of Kilt Hose from SportKilts and they should have said Kilt Socks...unimpressed.
    I got a pair for my son from SK. They're perfect for 10 year olds, but for adults... not so much. I've been looking at getting a new Amerilkilt from TKN. Let us know how their service is if you would be so kind.
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Tan Survival Utilikilt from TKN just a couple weeks ago. I liked the experience. After I ordered, the owner (Brad) emailed me to let me know my order was shipped out, and about a day or two after I received my package he emailed me again to see if I had indeed received it and if there were any problems.

I like that he emails you personally. That simple and informal interaction brings shopping with them one step closer to a brick and mortar store type of experience (by adding the interaction with a human being, a la the clerk at the register).

The only thing I don't like about TKN is that you don't get a shipment tracking number. I bet you could probably ask for one after Brad emails you to tell you the order shipped, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I got a pair for my son from SK. They're perfect for 10 year olds, but for adults... not so much. I've been looking at getting a new Amerilkilt from TKN. Let us know how their service is if you would be so kind.
    I should have it in 2 days and i did get a tracking # through USPS....ahh the Utilikilt folks were at Richmond,RI for a Highland Festival and oddly enough the only group selling Kilts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeson View Post
    I should have it in 2 days and i did get a tracking # through USPS....ahh the Utilikilt folks were at Richmond,RI for a Highland Festival and oddly enough the only group selling Kilts.
    You know, I had thought about getting a UK, but I can get two AK for the price of one UK.
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    You know, I had thought about getting a UK, but I can get two AK for the price of one UK.
    The exact reason I bought an AK.

I've heard great things about TKN. Glad your transaction went well. Let us know (and post pics) when you get your kilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought 5 kilts from Brad at TKN and all my transactions have been handled very well with great service.

Brad always sends me a tracking number, but then again mine are International shipments.
    Youth & Enthusiasm are no match for Age & Treachery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he just forgot to include my tracking number when he emailed me. No biggy, got my kilt quick enough that I didn't even worry about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently got a "works" sport kilt from TKN. I received no tracking number in my email either. However, two days later there was a package on the porch. I was quite surprised with how fast they got it to me.

Just for the record. The sport kilts have this elastic waist thing that is super comfortable.

-Minnow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Minnow View Post
    I recently got a "works" sport kilt from TKN. I received no tracking number in my email either. However, two days later there was a package on the porch. I was quite surprised with how fast they got it to me.

Just for the record. The sport kilts have this elastic waist thing that is super comfortable.

-Minnow
    Yep. Just got mine today...with the hose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast