Ok, so just about everyone who has read a thread of mine knows I'm a Marine serving in the AF. In the past when I have worn my Leatherneck SK, I have also proudly worn a British Royal Marines Commando beret with it; my way of honouring both. You see, I worked with the Royal Marines a few years ago in a country that shall remain nameless, and they were some of the best I've ever worked with. Working with them for days, and buying them pints when I got them out of said country, they made me an honourary Royal Marine, and gave me some kit, including a beret. Now my question really has to do with wearing their beret badge, somewhat like our Eagle, Globe, and Anchor. I justified wearing the badge with it because they made me and honourary, and it does help keep the Green Berets stationed near here off my butt when they think I'm wearing one of their berets.
Basically, I'm just wanting opinions on whether I should no longer wear the badge; I have tons of respect for the Royal Marine Commandos, and wish to honour them in the best way. I love the beret, and will continue to wear it, just not sure about the badge. I know how I would feel if I saw some civilian wearing our EGA, but I think my situation is a little different.
Kevin