X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone interested in a Loon Mountain meet up?

This will be the first year that my wife, Nicole, and I attend the NH highland games in Loon Mountain, NH next week (starting Sep. 19). I'd love to meet any other X-Markers in attendance. Since I've never been to Loon Mountain I'm probably not the best person to organize anything, but I figured I broach the subject. Anyway, please respond to this thread if you are going and would like to meet up. We can work out the details later.

-Jay
    [B][U]Jay[/U][/B]
    [B]Clan Rose[/B]-[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Constant and True[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][I]"I cut a stout blackthorn to banish ghosts and goblins; In a brand new pair of brogues to ramble o'er the bogs and frighten all the dogs " - D. K. Gavan[/I][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be there all three days - Count me in!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to the Albannach and GlenGharry Bhoys on Saturday. I'll be arriving Thursday and staying till Monday.
    I like a nice short parade that ends at a bar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that's three so far. Anyone else? BTW...are separate tickets required to attend the musical performances?
    [B][U]Jay[/U][/B]
    [B]Clan Rose[/B]-[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Constant and True[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][I]"I cut a stout blackthorn to banish ghosts and goblins; In a brand new pair of brogues to ramble o'er the bogs and frighten all the dogs " - D. K. Gavan[/I][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One week away and counting.....

I know there are many planning to attend and hope they check in here so we can plan something. (I am also going to post this on the New England Kilted page)

I will be there all three days. We can pick a set place and time all three days and see what happens. Just need to find a place that is easy to find and not too busy at a particular time so we don't get lost in the crowd. I will check the schedule and map I have in last years program.

During the day there are no additional charges for the performances but there are charges for the concerts at night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2008 schedule is posted on the site.

Maybe we can meet here on Friday.
    11:00 AM "Prydein" Loon Mtn. Concert Tent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd definitely consider that. Albannach comes on at noon in the concert tent so that seems like a good place. As the tend is likely to be huge, we'd probably have to set a specific place to meet (like the right side entrance, etc.).
    [B][U]Jay[/U][/B]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume the tent will be set-up as in years past with the "stage end" closest to the parade grounds and closed off. The other/far end is the entrance and whole side/end is open. The tent also is set up on the pavement closest to and running perpendicular to the base of the mountains with the vendor/clan tents on the other side.

May I suggest meeting on the "open end" & "mountain-side"?

I will try and make it there at 11 on Friday but I can’t promise it. My wife is recovering from ankle surgery and has limited mobility. One event she wanted to see (and always seems to miss) is the sheep herding trials which are taking place at the same time at the athletic fields. If she doesn't mind me "leaving" her there or has someone else who wants to watch with her --- I'll be there at 11 on Friday. If not, we both may make it over for Albannach at noon.

Regardless, the "open-end/mountain-side" of "The Loon Mountain Concert Tent" seems to be a good spot to try and meet though-out the week-end.

I have tickets for the Sat Noon Whiskey tasting so will probably be there for Albannach before (10:45) and Glengarry Bhoys after (3:00).

Just look for the two toeheads (ages 5 and 2) with the Irish Natl tartan kilts and their "much larger" dad who may, or may not, wearing his matching kilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be arriving thursday evening (camping at lafayette campground in franconia notch) and will be there all 3 days. A seperate ticket is required for the evening concerts, but there are musical performances through the days too. I've got my tickets to the glengarry bhoys and albannach for saturday night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilted in Maine View Post
    I assume the tent will be set-up as in years past with the "stage end" closest to the parade grounds and closed off. The other/far end is the entrance and whole side/end is open. The tent also is set up on the pavement closest to and running perpendicular to the base of the mountains with the vendor/clan tents on the other side.

May I suggest meeting on the "open end" & "mountain-side"?

I will try and make it there at 11 on Friday but I can’t promise it. My wife is recovering from ankle surgery and has limited mobility. One event she wanted to see (and always seems to miss) is the sheep herding trials which are taking place at the same time at the athletic fields. If she doesn't mind me "leaving" her there or has someone else who wants to watch with her --- I'll be there at 11 on Friday. If not, we both may make it over for Albannach at noon.

Regardless, the "open-end/mountain-side" of "The Loon Mountain Concert Tent" seems to be a good spot to try and meet though-out the week-end.

I have tickets for the Sat Noon Whiskey tasting so will probably be there for Albannach before (10:45) and Glengarry Bhoys after (3:00).

Just look for the two toeheads (ages 5 and 2) with the Irish Natl tartan kilts and their "much larger" dad who may, or may not, wearing his matching kilt.
    Works for me. I'll be in the Black Casual Kilt and combat boots!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast