X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilt Store in Ohio?

Hi,
    I am in central Ohio near Columbus and would like to go to a bricks and mortar kilt store to try on some things. Does anyone know of a store in Columbus or within a couple hours drive?
    -john

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a small place but they do have a web site.

http://www.celticcornerstore.com/

Celtic Corner
    502 Old State Route 74
    Cincinnati OH 45244 us

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a kilt made at Celtic Corner, I would recommend them without reservation.

Best

AA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know of any kilt stores around Columbus, but I will say- GO BUCKEYES!!
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got mine from the ren Fest, and the shop is based from Dayton, but the number on the receipt goes to a cell phone. I've had my kilt a few weeks now and it still hasn't shown up on my card, and I can't reach the shop by phone. Makes me nervous when things don't appear on my card, and while I could have gotten one for less, and the hope it never shows up (free kilt that way) I have 2 small businesses (real small, 1 webstore and a faltering photography business) and I would feel bad if they didn't get their money. But since I can't get ahold of them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have had a kilt made at Celtic Corner... and took dance lessons, bagpipe lessons, etc. Robert, Louise, Lenora are great people and will take good care of you.
    Airman. Piper. Scholar. - Avatar: MacGregor Tartan
    “KILT, n. A costume sometimes worn by Scotchmen in America and Americans in Scotland.” - Ambrose Gwinett Bierce
    www.melbournepipesanddrums.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by auld argonian View Post
    Having a kilt made at Celtic Corner, I would recommend them without reservation.
    I spoke with Lenora of Celtic Corner at the last Celtic Festival in Cincinnati, but didn't see any of her kilts - they were all at the Columbus (IN) event the same weekend, she said. Would you give a review of your kilt when it arrives?

There is also the Celtic Isles store in Dayton, but the owner was confused about selvage - he informed me with much authority that you can just trim off the bottom edge of a kilt that is too long and it won't unravel. The last time I visited his store when it was in Waynesville, he had a few kilts in stock, but I don't think he likes to keep many in inventory if he can help it. I'm sure he would help you buy one made overseas, if you wanted, but with Lenora, you would probably get better custom service.

Regards,
    Rex.
    At any moment you must be prepared to give up who you are today for who you could become tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shop I got mine from was at the ren fest and is called "A Roguish Highlander" I do hope that they don't own the website that would seem to go with it, that was a site that was painful to browse. (They have the same store software I use for my hot sauce store, and they made it look nicer than I can believe, yet substance... they don't give an adress and contact info is 'blah blah blah' literally.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a day kilt from Celtic Corners in Cincinnati. It is one of my favorite kilts. I wear it more than the others. It is light weight so I may switch to one of my heavier ones for the winter but will back to the Celtic Corner kilt when it warms up.

I have been to Celtic Isles as it is here in Dayton (Beavercreek area). I get my kilt hose from them. They have a rack with kilts. I don't remember where he said they come from.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Dayton View Post
    I have a day kilt from Celtic Corners in Cincinnati. It is one of my favorite kilts. I wear it more than the others. It is light weight so I may switch to one of my heavier ones for the winter but will back to the Celtic Corner kilt when it warms up.
    I'm not big on tall socks, but weather wise, how do you handle it in the winter, or just have a good coat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast