X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilt Night Charleston SC any takers??

Hey is there anyone close to the Charleston SC area who cares to go out for a wee bit of fun.

I am soliciting to see 1) if i have any XMTS's in my Local area 2) if we can get a somewhat regular kilt night going here?

I know there are plenty of Charleston Scots, but are they here on X-Marks....

Let me hear from ya'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Wow

Ok well is see that there are not too many X kilties here in the lowcountry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

29 people Realy

Ok 29 ppl ( i make 30) have looked at this page and not one of yall live near me? wow! I feel so alone. Will the Kilt Gods send me a kilted friend, so we may band together and further spread all that is good and kilt like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Kilted Rogue, I'm one of the "lookers". I'm just little ways upstream from you. Should you get a few guys together I might one day be able to make one. But I don't get to Charleston too often and could never be a regular.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit of a haul for me to get down to the coast, so I could never be a regular at your regular meetings. That being said though, I did spend my a chunk of my childhood, back in the 70's, living in Mt. Pleasant, and still have family scattered among the islands down there. I do get down to visit them on occasion, and with any luck, to get down for some shrimping in the fall, though I missed it this year. So if you do get anything organized, keep it updated, and I might be able to drop in on the rare occasion.

Casey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you

Thank you both for the reply, sorry i had to put it out there like that.

I dont know to many kilties here Charleston, i see a UK out and about every few months but, of the ppl i do know they wear their kilts for either special occasions or its a ( i hate to say it this way due to the recent thread ) costume they wear out to Ren Fairs or haloween.

With that said,i am going to keep looking and i would like to have something, even if its just a one time shot, after the 1st of the year, it get tough around turkey day and the holiday season to organize much.

keep an eye out and i will keep pounding the pavement,

Billy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize this post is a few months old, but I've only had my kilt for a few months. Is there still interest in this, or has it been written off? The reason I ask is that I live on James Island (which, I think is still technically Charleston). Drop me a line.

Sándor

p.s. happy kilt day, by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Rogue View Post
    Thank you both for the reply, sorry i had to put it out there like that.

I dont know to many kilties here Charleston, i see a UK out and about every few months but, of the ppl i do know they wear their kilts for either special occasions or its a ( i hate to say it this way due to the recent thread ) costume they wear out to Ren Fairs or haloween.

With that said,i am going to keep looking and i would like to have something, even if its just a one time shot, after the 1st of the year, it get tough around turkey day and the holiday season to organize much.

keep an eye out and i will keep pounding the pavement,

Billy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sandor
    This idea is still alive in my eyes. I am in N.Chuck, and yes J.I is part of Charleston.

as far as i can tell there is only one other person who is local on the XMTS board and that is HighlandTide, the owner of this place we call cyber kilt home.

I would love to get out for a pint with some fellow kilties, let me send a few PM's and see what response i get back.

Billy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This post is exactly what I have been searching for on X-Marks. I just moved to Goose Creek and am looking to meet up with some fellow kilties. It would be great if we could get a kilt night together. I would definitely be in. Drop me a PM and let me know if anything comes to fruition.

Bishop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds good to me. March may be a wash, and i would like to see if the fellows from the upstate can join us. so lets plan it out for an april event what do you say

As an after thought why not Tartan day on April 6th?
    Last edited by Kilted Rogue; 17th March 09 at 06:05 PM. Reason: added content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast