X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Blacks - Grand Slam Tour.

Just a matter of interest, are any of you northerners going to the games?

Should be a good set of games, Scotland first off the bat, poor b@ggers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sat 01 Nov
    New Zealand vs. Australia (we have already won this, so its just a bragging rights game).
    Bledisloe Cup Hong Kong Stadium Hong Kong

Sat 08 Nov
    New Zealand vs. Scotland Murray Field Edinburgh

Sat 15 Nov New Zealand vs. Ireland Croke Park Dublin

Tue 18 Nov New Zealand vs. Munster Thomond Park Limerick

Sat 22 Nov New Zealand vs. Wales Millennium Stadium Cardiff

Sat 29 Nov New Zealand vs. England Twickenham London
    Last edited by ###KILTEDKIWI###; 29th October 08 at 12:57 PM. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fancy playing rugby in the height of the shooting season!What a silly idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, thats the only reason they are going, duck hunting and deer stalking have finished for the year, down here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have to get Setanta sports just to watch a few matches.

I was surprised at the turn around in the second half of the Tri-Nations final. Australia had the All Blacks on the run and than the tide flipped quite drastically. Fun rugby to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the experimental laws make for some good flowing rugby most of the time...i believe that they are reverting back to the "old" laws for the northern tour, yawn...

Most of the time the aussies are their own worst enemies, and seem to implode when they get ahead, also some of their big riggers run of gas at about the 60 min mark, and us kiwis all know that, we just sit, and wait, because the AB's will play the high level tempo through the whole game, thats the main reason they generally win all of their games...
    Last edited by ###KILTEDKIWI###; 29th October 08 at 06:48 PM. Reason: speeling = duh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ###KILTEDKIWI### View Post
    Most of the time the aussies are their own worst enemies, and seem to implode when they get ahead, also some of their big riggers run of gas at about the 60 min mark, and us kiwis all know that, we just sit, and wait, because the AB's will play the high level tempo through the whole game, thats the main reason they generally win all of their games...
    Isn't that the truth. I was watching at my buddy's house (an Aussie)so I felt it best to share in his sorrow at the defeat. Incredible stamina for the second half from the All Blacks. The Wales game should be a decent one on this tour. Hopefully MediaZone carries the matches.

I enjoy watching the All Blacks play, but find it hard to cheer for them simply because of the over marketing of the brand. It's kind of like Manchester United or England for soccer. Usually put in a solid effort and have well deserved reputations (okay...except for the English soccer team), but the fact that the logo can be found on every thing from keychains, packs, and even the cheapest crap on ebay is disheartening. Mostly because it is usually worn by people that have never even seen a rugby match let alone an All Blacks match.

Having said that should I ever make it to New Zealand (a long time goal) than I will certainly try and fit in a few local matches and hopefully an international test should any be taking place. The closest we get to seeing the All Blacks in Canada (besides TV) is when the Maoris comes for an exhibition and smokes the Canadian team. I am just learning about the game, but am sure enjoying watching some matches and learning about the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy watching the All Blacks play, but find it hard to cheer for them simply because of the over marketing of the brand. It's kind of like Manchester United or England for soccer. Usually put in a solid effort and have well deserved reputations (okay...except for the English soccer team), but the fact that the logo can be found on every thing from keychains, packs, and even the cheapest crap on ebay is disheartening. Mostly because it is usually worn by people that have never even seen a rugby match let alone an All Blacks match.
    I'm afraid that this is true here also, by this time of the year we are completely over ruggers, the poor blighters have to go north and play more games, by the time they have the super 14, the tri nations, the national championship, then they add another tour on the end of it, most here find it old hat.

that with the fact that its not televised free here anymore (live anyway - only on sky tv), alot of kiwis just don't bother.

that being said, the branding here isnt such a biggie, must be the push over seas for merchandise...

and of course when they play teams that arent, at the same level, the ratings must go through the floor.

games i will be keen to watch will be ireland and wales, (good running open games) unfortunately our caledonian mates with be in for a flogging I percieve, and the english, well they are still playing rugby in the 80's...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is when the Maoris comes for an exhibition and smokes the Canadian team
    forgot about this one.

People tend to forget that the NZ Moari team is like a "shadow" all black team, and have given a few lessons to some big name overconfident national teams in the recent past, alot of those guys have been all blacks, are about to become all blacks or possibly will be at some stage in their futures...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast