Following our wee London gathering on Saturday, I went (c/o Steve. Thanks again Steve.) to meet up with Howie at the Geoffrey (Tailor)/TFCK monthly showroom at a Bayswater Hotel. The main purpose was, no not to order another kilt, but to collect the new Argyll jacket and waistcoat I ordered last month. It is just as gorgeous as I was expecting - in bottle-green Auld Reekie tweed woven by Geoffrey (Tailor) in the Old Town Weaving Mill next to Edinburgh Castle and fitting like the proverbial glove. This is my fifth tweed Argyll from Geoffrey (Tailor) - the others being: Charcoal, Brown, Blue and Beige(ish) - and, not unsurprisingly, I am absolutely delighted with it.

The colour in the following two images is not too accurate, the green being rather darker than it appears here. In spite of my using two different cameras the result is the same. The third image, taken by flash indoors, shows the colour much more accurately.

First, worn without the waistcoat:

and then, with the waistcoat:

I do not normally show images of new 'accessories', but I am so proud of this particular Argyll, I just had to show you.

Take care,
Ham.