X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Incidents at the restaurant

Hi all,

I was in a local restaurant with the other members of my astronomy club to celebrate X-Mas and I was neatly kilted for the occasion.

Everything went well and I was at the cash register to pay my meal when a female customer asked me THE QUESTION I anwered the usual way.

Not being sastisfied by my obscure answer she decided to look by herself by kneeling on the ground and looks exactly like the picture of Celtic Croft homepage.

She looked very disapointed and asked me if I was a restaurant employee. She apologized pretty confused when I said no.

That was not over when 2 minutes later a second female, maybe a bar employee paid to make conversation to customers, told me that if I show her my underpants she will show me her own underpants.

People are less shy than I believed.
    ----------------------
    Pierre 'IQ89" Arpin
    AKA The unclonable

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.1
    GG d-- s: a++ C++ U--- P L- E-- W+++ N o K- w+ O--- M-
    V-- PS PE- Y+ PGP- t+ 5 X R* tv- b++ DI D-- G e++ h+
    r* y-
    ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
    ---------------------

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You look upset. I see this as a win in your favor. Last time someone looked up mine, I put my hands on my hips and did my best Superman pose...
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kilt always makes for an interesting evening out. Se la vi/ c'est la vie!
    Last edited by Sionnach; 17th December 08 at 02:34 PM. Reason: added thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it may be shockingy rude - there are far worse fates awaiting the kilted man. May you never experience any of these...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in the winter I wear my furry badger mask sporran for fun at pubs and restaurants. When I first wore it out on the town, I was concerned that there would be some upset PETA people; but instead, there were women who wanted to pet it. I always oblige thinking of God and country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the lady looked disapointedyou must have been wearing knickers under your kilt .Please do not go around dissapointing ladies like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, Scotland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like this problem ain't gonna go away. I just wonder what is there to see. A Scotsman was approached at the bar and was asked is it true what a Scotsman wears under his kilt. He said to the tourist, stick your hand under and see. She cried out, "oh my god that's GRUESOME", to which he replied "do it again lass - it's GREW SOME more" I thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkislander View Post
    Looks like this problem ain't gonna go away. I just wonder what is there to see. A Scotsman was approached at the bar and was asked is it true what a Scotsman wears under his kilt. He said to the tourist, stick your hand under and see. She cried out, "oh my god that's GRUESOME", to which he replied "do it again lass - it's GREW SOME more" I thank you.

"Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Vancouver on the Mighty Columbia. That's in Washington State USA for the geographically challanged.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say that I am shocked and disgusted. If this happened while I was with my husband, I would take the female aside and have a little chat with her about the appropriateness of her actions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I said it in Mr. Kilt's recent thread, but I think it's worth repeating. In general, parents today are no longer in the habit of raising polite children. Manners are not taught and people who behave in a boorish manner abound, regardless of gender. However, I think that somehow we've gotten used to the notion that rudeness coming from a woman is somehow more tolerable than rudeness coming from a man.

Therefore, in this case, had it been a man, he probably would have had his daylights beat out of him by said kilt-wearer, whereas the women weren't even told how inappropriate they were.

I would really encourage people to educate people like this when they're behaving in an impolite way. Especially women -- since they probably have never been told otherwise!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast