X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Vendor" Reviews

I know that htere is the section for some of the actual vendors on this board..USAKilts..etc....but how about a section that lists all the "Board Approved" vendors..alos how about a section that lists the members of this board who also make stuff i.e. knives, sporrans, socks, etc...
    and a place where people can show them off and create reviews for them as well?
    Just an idea...
    Chad

Retired Forum Manager
    Gentleman of X Marks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chad,

A lot of thought went into our rules concerning advertising on X Marks the Scot.

We have struggled to find a compromise that addressed the interests of our resident craftsmen and the sponsors that make this forum possible.

Why should Rocky spend his hard earned money to be a sponsor if USA Kilts could be simply be a "Board Approved Vendor" and he could write posts advertsing his wares?

It may not be a perfect system but it rewards our sponsors for their faith in this forum and allows our craftsmen to subtly let us know of their skill.

If the search function on V Bulletin doesn't seem to get you the results you want for a vendor, try using a Google or Yahoo advanced search on www.xmarksthescot.com.

It takes a few seconds longer but I have found it very useful in getting the information I need from XMTS (or any other online forum)

There are people that barge onto to XMTS for the sole reason to hawk their goods. The Moderating team do their best to keep on top of them.

Hank (highlandtide) the owner of XMTS never wanted this forum to become some big market place with everyone selling something to everyone else.

I hope this gives insight into the Pandora's Box of troubles we would open up trying to implement your suggestion.

Still, thanks for taking the time to think about the forum and suggest improvements. XMTS continues to grow and evolve and most of this is based on our members' active interest and involvement with our forum.

Cheers

Jamie
    -See it there, a white plume
    Over the battle - A diamond in the ash
    Of the ultimate combustion-My panache

Edmond Rostand