X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jones, Jones, Jones, Jones

Canuck called me on Skype today to show me my new R-Kilt. He was stitching down the fell and hoped to have it ready for posting tomorrow. I told him I was still awaiting a fleece which I had ordered from another supplier in Canada for Ann's Christmas which had been despatched at the beginning of November and he assured me he will send my kilt airmail so it should be with me in seven to nine working days. Eager antipation.

I also have another kilt style MUG on order from Midasclothing.com which hopefully will arrive later this month. More eager anticipation.

Ann is scheduled to go into a physiotherapy unit on Saturday of this week for a few weeks, hopefully to improve her mobility, during which I'd hope to have the opportunity to take myself away to somewhere warmer for a few days. However I sent my passport away before Christmas to the Driver Licensing office in Wales as proof of identity with my application for a provisional vocational licence. I'm waiting for the post every day because I can't book a wee holiday until I have my passport back nor can I start learning to drive the bus until I receive the provisional licence. More eager anticipation.

I looked forward to getting out of the house on Tuesday after the long Christmas and New Year break, to the restart of Scottish Country Dance class which meets in a village hall up a valley about five miles out of town. However, besides the two accordionists and the dance teacher, I was one of the few people who actually made it there through the snow, thanks to my 4WD Renault Kangoo Trekka, so we were rather limited in the practice we could do with just one set of six dancers, four male and two female.

Do you ever get that feeling where you find yourself sitting in front of the PC full of enthusiasm for all the things you hope to do but for various reasons are unable to get anything going right now?
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cessna152towser View Post
    Do you ever get that feeling where you find yourself sitting in front of the PC full of enthusiasm for all the things you hope to do but for various reasons are unable to get anything going right now?
    Frequently. I get filled with enthusiasm but have trouble channeling the enthusiasm to address the multiple priorities at hand.

Hope the jones is over soon!
    Animo non astutia

NewKilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cessna,

I know the feeling. I have 4 kilts on order, one of wich arrived yesterday. It was the Gordon Highlanders from What Price Glory - 22 oz wool. Since I had spinal surgery a week ago, I had a heck of a time handling this beast. Took me forever just to try it on for fit, and then remove the 2 rows of basting stitches. I finally got that all done and I'm wearing it today.

Needed a refill on Vicodin because I'm still having quite a bit of back pain. I had called yesterday - all voice recordings (heaven forbid that you get to talk to a live person). They never followed through, so I had to call again today leaving a voice mail that I was in extreme pain and asking if someone might actually call me or if I should just beat my head against a wall. That did the trick. A live person called me and said my medicine was at the pharmacy.

Now it's down to jonesing for the 3 remaining kilts, and falling asleep at the PC because the Vicodin makes me drowsy, leaving all manner of letters,numbers and symbols in the spreadsheet I'm working on.

Oh, and passports. I better start thinking about getting them for my wife and I because we want to come over for the clan gathering and highland games in Edinburgh in July.

All my best to you and Ann. I can fully appreciate limited mobility, and hope that Ann's physiotherapy helps her.

Darrell

East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, Scotland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to keep youself busy most of the time Alex. Enjoy the wee break.