X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle Kilt night

OK,

It is time for a Seattle Kilt night and I will be flying inn from the windswept cold plains of Manhattan Kansas to celebrate the warmer weather and great beer of Seattle.

I am flying in on the 11th of February and have a conference that I must attend on the 12th from 1500 until 2000 and after that I am basically free. I am going to try and schedule a ride along and tour with the Port of Seattle Police.

I am staying at Inn At Queen Anne 502 First Ave., North Seattle (206) 282-7357

I really want to visit these breweries and any others that the rabble might think are good. Hale's Ales and Maritime Pacific Brewing Company
    C.P.Rogerson
    Kwajalein Atoll, Republic Marshall Islands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should be back in port by then and would love to meet you for a kilted glass of water (I only drink water bottled in Scotland filtered through malted barley and copper pot stills). I noticed you were looking for a tour with the Port of Seattle Police, are you in the business? I could arrange for a tour on the waterfront with the CG also if your interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that would be a great idea. We have a plethora of good breweries and alehouses in town. Hale's Ales and Maritime Pacific Brewing Co are on the same street, about 3/4 mile apart. Both are great. Hale's is more of a family atmosphere, the Jolly Roger Taproom at MPBC is a VERY small building, probably only about 6 tables and a short bar. Big Time brewery in the University District is also good, 10 taps (5 rotating), and Seattle's oldest brewpub. Or Elysian Brewing Co on Capitol Hill. I also like Elliott Bay Brewing Co., in West Seattle. Darn...too many! int: If you would like to sample a lot of Northwest breweries (as well as dozens of others) in one sitting, I recommend Brouwer's (in Fremont), or for a more cozy atmosphere the Latona Pub in Greenlake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent! Hales and Maritime were two I was going to strongly suggest for you. I take it you will still be in town on Friday and/or Saturday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should work for me, as well. I do have a car club meet to go to on that Sunday, but, otherwise, I'll be free.

-J