I just resent a private message to another member. That message shows up immediately on my list of sent items. The little icon at the left side of each message title in this list indicates that the message has been read. I assert that the icon does not accurately display the message's true status. I may have read the message because I created it, but that information is meaningless to me. Now if the recipient has read the message, that's an icon of a different color.

Am I making any sense? What I think I should be seeing is an icon that tells me that the message has been read by the recipient. The status is in the database because the status of messages in my In Box is correctly reflected by the icons in the In Box list. The correct In Box status "programs" my expectation for similar status in the Sent Items list. It appears that my expectation isn't being met. Of the four icons at the bottom of the sent items list, three of them are meaningful to me as the sender: Unread Message, Read Message, and Replied to Message. That the message was forwarded is not so valuable.