X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toe Rings?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toe Rings?

So Spring is edging its way into the canyonlands and ladies are wearing sandals again. Most now sport toe rings with their sandals.

My little brother, a no nonsense motor cop, wears toe rings under his motorcycle cop boots, and of course off duty.

I know that in hot weather parts of the world many of the rabble wear sandals with kilts.

I know that many of the Celtic catalogs I get in the mail offer toe rings in their jewelry section.

So I'm wondering if any of the rabble wear toe rings with their sandals when kilted? And I'm guessing the toe rings have a Celtic pattern....?

Not me...too olde...think it would both feel and look weird on this olde geezer....but you young lions....??

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think toe rings look much better on ladies than on guys. Not saying it "can't" be done by any stretch, just that the times I've seen guys with one they didn't pull it off.

That being said, I think with enough other "hardware" they would definitely be do-able while kilted. I picture them more with something like a UK than a trad tartan kilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inspired by my masseur, I put a toe ring on some eight or nine years ago and I never think about it and only notice it myself when someone points it out. I would probably never wear a kilt bare-legged with sandals, though.

Regards,
    Rex.
    At any moment you must be prepared to give up who you are today for who you could become tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About a year before I started wearing UK's, I went through a period where I was wearing a toe ring with sandals. I stopped when I started wearing kilts, first because I rarely wear sandals with a kilt (though I do sometimes in a UK), and frankly because very few guys do wear them (and I'm already in an unusual male attire - I stopped carrying a messenger bag about the same time since A) now had huge pockets, and B) a guy in a "Skirt" with a "Purse" and "Toe Rings" was a bit farther that I wanted to go in society).

Adam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not my style, but I'm an old guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really the toe ring kind of guy. I wear a Claddagh on my right hand, and that's about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never heard of guys wearing toe rings - a totally new thing to me!
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been a jewelry guy. My wedding ring is the first ring of any sort I've ever worn. I don't think I could pull off a toe ring look--not my style. That's not to say I don't think men should wear them, it's just not for me.

David

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like toe rings, even on women, unless it's Fatima of the Seven Veils that Ray Stevens sang about: "...with bells on her fingers and rings on her toes and a bone in her nose, ho, ho..."
    --dbh

When given a choice, most people will choose.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez Louise...would have thought there were some out there...at least in the Southern climes.

Tell you what, sandals with a kilt is the only way to survive in the heat...figured there might be some Celtic toe ring guys out there...

Never thought of my little brother cop as a fashion progressive sort of guy....amazing...

Good point about the man bag though...as comfie as I am with a kilt I hesitate to add a possibles bag for fear it'd look too much like a handbag...we are so brave to wear the kilt then demure at toe rings and man bags...ain't we a silly lot??

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast