X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fantastic job, great for the newly kilted and veteran kilt wearers who just needed that push into pairing their favorite rugby shirt with their favorite kilt. A great job indeed, I would love to see Hamish put something like that together but with his various kilts, and perhaps call it the top 25.
    C.P.Rogerson
    Kwajalein Atoll, Republic Marshall Islands

duchessofnc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    My "show" would only differ in detail. The point is, that most Scots that actually only own a kilt, have just the one and that is what we dress "up", or, down accordingly, just as Jamie and McMurdo are doing, as we have been doing for years. This why I and other Scots scratch our heads in wonderment when you have umpteen kilts of different tartans. Why not have one good tartan kilt and then spend any spare cash on jackets for every occasion,day/dress sporrans,etc. Then we don't get all this kilt snobbery and "I can't afford it", cry.
    Thank you for clearing that up because from where I was sitting it sounded like you were against the idea of what McMurdo and Panache had done.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessofnc View Post
    Thank you for clearing that up because from where I was sitting it sounded like you were against the idea of what McMurdo and Panache had done.
    Oh gosh,far from it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    My "show" would only differ in detail. The point is, that most Scots that actually only own a kilt, have just the one and that is what we dress "up", or, down accordingly, just as Jamie and McMurdo are doing, as we have been doing for years. This why I and other Scots scratch our heads in wonderment when you have umpteen kilts of different tartans. Why not have one good tartan kilt and then spend any spare cash on jackets for every occasion,day/dress sporrans,etc. Then we don't get all this kilt snobbery and "I can't afford it", cry.
    *Laughs*
    Some of us just got to hate wearing trousers but got tired of having to clean our Kilts every time the bus sprayed us with muddy water.
    And we're greedy.

Kudos to you two gents. I think this will help a lot of the folk on here who hadn't really been educated on formal dress variations.
    Plus, it was like a fun fashion show for me to watch this morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A standing ovation to the both of you.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Seattle, WA: N 47° 40' 50.109";W 122° 17' 14.7726"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm jumping on the "this needs to be a sticky" bandwagon.

I don't have white tie, I wish that I could post a list!

Good job guys!
    The Barry

"Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus addictis;
    voca me cum benedictis." -"Dies Irae" (Day of Wrath)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding show. You guys even made the dressed down look seem classy. I'll be bookmarking this for future reference Thanks guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barry View Post
    I'm jumping on the "this needs to be a sticky" bandwagon.

I don't have white tie, I wish that I could post a list!

Good job guys!

Do it anyways. The white tie could be a goal to work towards to as an incentive to add to your list .

Rob

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, well done both of you - Jamie and Glen. I trust you had help with the quick-changes behind the screens.

Something along these lines is planned for inclusion in my 'work in progress' (!) website, and has been for quite a while, although I will reduce the varied 'looks' to about five or six of across each of a number of different kilts. To a certain limited extent I have already done this with many of the kilts in 'The Kilt Kollection' album section of the new site. Although the entire Gallery is not yet completed, the 'Kollection' album is pretty much ready to roll - here's a link: http://kiltedhamish.net for anyone interested. By the way, each thumbnail image can be enlarged by clicking on it. The resulting image will then have a description with details of that kilt's position in The Kollection, the kiltmaker, tartan reference number, etc., etc. Additionally, if you click on the left or right-hand side of the enlarged image you will be taken back or forward to the next image.

However, what I have already done in no way detracts from the more focussed information and guidance provided by our two talented brethren - Jamie and Glen.

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kudos to Glenn and Jamie far a brilliant photo presentation. It just goes to show what highland scots have known for ever, the kilt can go from hard work in the fields or factory to the very coronation of the monarch.

My Lords, Ladies, gentlemen and fellow xmark rabble please charge your glasses. Join me in raising them in a toast to the most versatile garmant in the world.
    THE KILT!

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast