X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    pakiltedff is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else in PA?

Just thought I would be the 1st to post... would be neat to have a kilt night in PA!

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm still here and am always up for a night at the pub!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's quite a few in the Harrisburg area.
    If they outlaw guns, can we go back to using swords?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the SE.

GH
    "I believe in the fundamental interconnectedness of all things." -- Dirk Gently

"There's no sense crying over every mistake...You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake."

Current: Whitehall, PA; Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember recently a thread was started about a Harrisburg area kilt night. A few people expressed interest but it seemed to fall through...

I'm currently up by Allentown. I second Rocky's idea about heading out to the pub! Would be nice to get some ideas together on kilt nights, kilt hikes, etc as the weather is starting to get nicer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Donegal Square in Bethlehem is trying to put together a 'Kilted Walk' (which is really a kilted pub crawl) in downtown Bethlehem to help raise money for the Celtic Cultural Alliance (the group that puts on the Celtic Classic festival). Seems they're not in a 'good spot' financially speaking since last year's festival was a wash out, LITERALLY.

I'll update with info as I get it.

If you're just up for a pint and a bite, we can gladly meet up here at the shop and head down to Molly Maguires or PJ Ryan's for some food and entertainment!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're just up for a pint and a bite, we can gladly meet up here at the shop and head down to Molly Maguires or PJ Ryan's for some food and entertainment!
    Rocky, I might take you up on that offer I will be on PA in June for a Wedding and I do plan on stopping by your shop.
    His Noble Excellency Ryan the Innocent of Waldenshire under Throcket
    Free Your Legs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyR View Post
    Seems they're not in a 'good spot' financially speaking since last year's festival was a wash out, LITERALLY.
    No kidding! I got married that weekend.... outdoor wedding! Seems like the weather gods were on our side though because it poured everywhere else, but we were right at the foot of a mountain and I guess the wierd pressure system there kept the rain out... just slight drizzle. But I heard Bethlehem was drenched. Sunday we flew out to Ireland for the honeymoon... we almost missed the plane because of the downpours. I try to support that fest when I can, but there was no way even without the wedding.... and I would be interested in that kilted walk since I'm only 5 minutes from Bethlehem.

I'd take you up on that meet up at the store also. My wife usually chats with Kelly when we see yous at the shop or festivals so if the ladies are coming, she'd like that. With all the kilts at the Celtic Classic and Green Lane fest, there has to be some local interest. Put the word out through the shop?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siva011 View Post
    I'd take you up on that meet up at the store also. My wife usually chats with Kelly when we see yous at the shop or festivals so if the ladies are coming, she'd like that. With all the kilts at the Celtic Classic and Green Lane fest, there has to be some local interest. Put the word out through the shop?
    Can do... but not for a few weeks. We're going to be moving (our HOUSE, not the store) in the next 2 weeks, so the shop's going to be closed and Kelly and I are going to be SWAMPED with little projects. Remind me toward the end of this month and I'll put it together.

BTW... don't forget about the Phoenixville Celtic Festival on May 9th!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were late to the Phoenixville fest last year and missed much, we plan to make it this year.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast