X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A road trip on the Trophy

Hello to all,
    I am planning a trip to visit my parents in Mesa AZ the first part of May. I will probably need some diversionary time after a few days. I am looking to meet up with XMARKS members on May 8th or 9th, a bit of a kilted nite out. You all know the area well, any suggestions for where to meet?

Regards,
    "A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter what his job." John Wayne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know the Mesa area too well- you might pm Ayin McFye, he's over in the Gilbert area- he and the Sonoran Scotsmen sometimes hang out at Fibber McGee's; Tempe has Bula Bula, downtown Phoenix has Seamus McCaffrey's Irish Pub, northwest valley- where some of us are has Lis Doon Varna, Auld Dubliner (just opened), Tilted Kilt, and one other the name of which escapes me- because I haven't been there- but someone here will know it. I'm sure other's will chime in, but you might pm some of us when time gets closer- here's some of the rabble here- Spartan, Thunderbolt, Retro Red, Ayin, and myself, I'm sure I forgot some.

all the best,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings! So far we don't have any kilt events planned for that time, but that doesn't mean that we can't make one. If you're looking for an Irish pub on the east side, close to mesa, I would suggest Fibber Magee's on the Southeast Corner of Dobson and Elliot, but there are lots of places around town, depending on how far you're willing to drive.

If you could guesstimate what day you'd like to get together I can put something together so we can all get some pints together in kilts.

How long are you going to be in town for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayin McFye View Post
    Greetings! So far we don't have any kilt events planned for that time, but that doesn't mean that we can't make one. If you're looking for an Irish pub on the east side, close to mesa, I would suggest Fibber Magee's on the Southeast Corner of Dobson and Elliot, but there are lots of places around town, depending on how far you're willing to drive.

If you could guesstimate what day you'd like to get together I can put something together so we can all get some pints together in kilts.

How long are you going to be in town for?
    Count me in, please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan on leaving this coming Sunday or Monday, depending upon the weather. Would be in town for about a week. It is a three day ride from Missouri to AZ.

Friday May 8th would probably be the best gathering date for me. As for a place, I am open for suggestions. I would like to stay fairly close to Mesa. Fibber's is fine, I think I have been there before. I just need to keep Mother's day clear. One of the reasons for the trip is to be with me mum that day.

Thanks for coordinating Ayin. Hope to see many X-Markers there.

Regards,
    "A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter what his job." John Wayne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if I can pull myself together and the weather cooperates my trek starts tomorrow. Please let me know if we are still on for Friday or Saturday and where. Don't know if I have room for the laptop. I will try to monitor X-Marks on my Blackjack. The screen size though is not fun.

Remember, rubber side down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a good trip, see you when you get here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's awesome is Friday May 8th actually corresponds to one of the Sonoran Scotsmen's birthday at Fibber Magees. I'm still trying to make it there myself, but as is right now I have my son that night, and might not be able to make it out

I will see what I can do though.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Well I made it in one piece. No worse for the wear. Hope to see all the you Laddies on Friday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have a time when we're supposed to be at Fibbers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast