X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Savannah Highland Games

The Savannah Highland Games are coming up on May 9 2009 and would afford a great opportunity for XMarkers in the area to meet.

Perhaps a "post-games" visit to Molly MacPherson's pub would be in order, too

For more info visit: www.savannahscottishgames.com
    www.macphersonspub.com

slainte

Ken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try and be there. Don't know if I can yet but I'll try I'm hoping that my kilt will be in by then. Plus I'm a student so I may be studying then too :/
    The after game get together sounds good to me

7 miles is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and My wife and my five little kilted ones will be there. I may also join in on the post party. When it gets closer to time we will need to pick a meet up spot. I know that Batl Ratl is going to try and make it ,and hopefully several more Floridians also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The family and myself will be at the games also. I will be on the athletic field. I am not so sure about an Molly's. It all depends on wether we drive down early or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be there. First time going to a Highland Games so I'm pretty excited about it! And Molly's is my Favorite Pub!!! Double- HELL YA! I also Have a question for you guys...in regards to anyone in the Savannah, GA area intersted in Highland Heavy Games training. I am intersted in getting started in this, but need help with getting it started the RIGHT way. I just dont want to start throwing crap around the yard without knowing proper technique. Would be interested to know if anyone was in this area that competed that could point me in the right direction... Thanx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 miles View Post
    Me and My wife and my five little kilted ones will be there. I may also join in on the post party. When it gets closer to time we will need to pick a meet up spot. I know that Batl Ratl is going to try and make it ,and hopefully several more Floridians also.
    The more the merrier. I hope my kids take note of your 5 wee kilted ones. Mine think their Dad has gone 'round the bend... but they're going to have to get over that. I've told them to expect Dad in a kilt at their graduations, weddings, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilt_Noob View Post
    I'll be there. First time going to a Highland Games so I'm pretty excited about it! And Molly's is my Favorite Pub!!! Double- HELL YA! I also Have a question for you guys...in regards to anyone in the Savannah, GA area intersted in Highland Heavy Games training. I am intersted in getting started in this, but need help with getting it started the RIGHT way. I just dont want to start throwing crap around the yard without knowing proper technique. Would be interested to know if anyone was in this area that competed that could point me in the right direction... Thanx!
    I don't know of anyone, but I think there is an "Athletics" forum and a "Highland Games and Celtic Events" forum... you might try posting your question there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KFCarter, I'll look around on here. I appreciate it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KFCarter View Post
    The more the merrier. I hope my kids take note of your 5 wee kilted ones. Mine think their Dad has gone 'round the bend... but they're going to have to get over that. I've told them to expect Dad in a kilt at their graduations, weddings, etc.
    Mine too KFCarter, my oldest ( 12 years old ) is trying to find reasons to stay with his grandmother during the games so he doesn't have to walk around with Pops in a "dress". I find it very funny and try my best to talk him into wearing a kilt with me which to my amusement brings on a red tint to his cheeks.
    Can't wait to meet you guys, I have another reason for coming to Savannah though. I'm going to be looking at what all the other clans are doing with their booth. Next year I'm going to try and have a booth for Clan Cochrane in Savannah, since nobody is doing so now. Gonna be a great time

7 miles is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldathart View Post
    Mine too KFCarter, my oldest ( 12 years old ) is trying to find reasons to stay with his grandmother during the games so he doesn't have to walk around with Pops in a "dress". I find it very funny and try my best to talk him into wearing a kilt with me which to my amusement brings on a red tint to his cheeks.
    Can't wait to meet you guys, I have another reason for coming to Savannah though. I'm going to be looking at what all the other clans are doing with their booth. Next year I'm going to try and have a booth for Clan Cochrane in Savannah, since nobody is doing so now. Gonna be a great time
    If you can get him to got to the games, make sure and point out all the guys in "skirts" throwing telephone poles around. If that does not scream testosterone i don't know what will.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast