X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Cal XMarkers, SCHool is in session!!

As most folks on this wonderful forum, I am sure you have heard about the Nor Cal Rabble. They are quite an active, social and mobile group as evidenced by a good number of them coming down to Palm Springs to meet with His Lairdship Hamish on April 4th weekend. I very pleased to have met them all.

However, they also proved to be very creative. Especially after having a few pints. Just after dinner with Hamish, the subject of why there did not appear to be very many Kilties from Southern California in attendance that night. I suggested that I needed to get on the board and find out how many Kilties there were in So Cal so I could start up and stir up the So Cal Rabble.

It was then suggested that the name 'Rabble' had already been used and that a new moniker should be given to this new group. I then tried to think of something not only Scottish, but something with an air of grit and toughness. I suggested So Cal Hooligans. No sooner had the words left my lips, than The F-H C.A.G. suggested, "Call it the 'SCHool'". Short for So Cal Hool igans. Then she went even further and said, "SCHool is in session in So Cal!"

It was so clever that I could not pass up the opportunity. So, in true Hooligan fashion, I stole it from the Flame Haired Celtic Amazon Goddess.

And thus, on April 4, 2009, 'The SCHool' was born.

So, all So Cal XMarkers, follow the link and come join in the fun with your Hooligan Bretherin!int: Hope to see you soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mike, thanks for jumping in and taking the lead! Bob and I will be there whenever we can, and when not there in person will be there in spirit(s)

Great time in PS and good to meet all of you!
    Proudly Duncan [maternal], MacDonald and MacDaniel [paternal].

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
    ... your Hooligan Bretherin!int: Hope to see you soon.
    Yes, indeed! Quite a few of the Bretherin were bletherin' tha' nicht. An advanced degree in hooliganism under Gibbs tutelage will take you a long way down the road to... uh... (Oh, forget that line of thought.)

Anyway, if the aggregated Cal's (Norte and Sur) managed to make an indelible impression (for good) on Hamish, thus persuading him to return to the Golden State in the future, more of these kilted outings would be a wonderful thing.

Here's lookin' at you, kid...

w2f
    "Listen Men.... You are no longer bound down to the unmanly dress of the Lowlander." 1782 Repeal.
    Lady From Hell vs Neighbor From Hell @ [url]http://way2noisy.blogspot.com[/url]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I hate that I had to miss the night with Hamish . . . unfortunately "real life" called and I was delayed until about 9pm that night . . .

At any rate, consider me enrolled!!
    BEAT ARMY
    Devil Doc, USN