X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cortland, NY Celtic Festival

Greetings one and all. I apologize for the lateness of this notice, but it is only recently I got on board with the Celtic Festival committee. I have been designated coordinator for the Scottish Clan/Society/reenactor groups. This festival is two weeks after Liverpool's Central New York Highland games. I most likely will not be attending Liverpool this year (much to my regret) being busy with getting the Cortland festival coordinated. It is my intention to have an X Marks booth set up for any who care to stop by and chat or hang out for a while. Admission is free. Evening concert is free. There is a tentative plan for a ceilidh afterwards at the Red Jug Pub just up the street from the festival grounds. Sounds like a kilt night to me. The date is August 22, 2009.

Here is the link for any who might be interested:

http://www.cortlandcelticfestival.com/news_schedule.htm

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Hope to see some of you there.

Aye,
    Seumas52

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, the Cortland festival is during my familie's vacation at King Ferry on Cayuga Lake. I will try to get my wife to put it on the itinerary! I will let you know--I have a slick XMarks sign I used at the Long Island Scottish games last year, if you are interested...
    "Before two notes of the theme were played, Colin knew it was Patrick Mor MacCrimmon's 'Lament for the Children'...Sad seven times--ah, Patrick MacCrimmon of the seven dead sons....'It's a hard tune, that', said old Angus. Hard on the piper; hard on them all; hard on the world." Butcher's Broom, by Neil Gunn, 1994 Walker & Co, NY, p. 397-8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cortland Celtic Festival

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Hey, the Cortland festival is during my familie's vacation at King Ferry on Cayuga Lake. I will try to get my wife to put it on the itinerary! I will let you know--I have a slick XMarks sign I used at the Long Island Scottish games last year, if you are interested...
    Great. Hope you can make to the Festival. It is small, but friendly.

Sure, I would like to use your XMarks sign if you don't mind. Thanks for the offer. Have a good day.

Bob C is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    The beautiful Catskill Mountains of Upstate New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. That's a possibility. I went to the Cortland festival a couple years ago. It didn't amount to much, but there were some great bands at night. I'm thinking of heading up that way for the New York Jets' training camp, anyway.
    Virtus Ad Aethera Tendit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A possibility for me as well. The negative factor is that we'll be returning from a beach vacation on the 21st, broke and exhausted...!
    Brian

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds nice. I'd be tempted, but it's the same day as the Long Island Games down here. Guess BobsYourUncle won't be attending this year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Jug Pub?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cortland Celtic Festival

Quote Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
    Red Jug Pub?
    Yes. It is across Church St. on Central Ave. I forget what its former name was since I don't frequent bars that often. But it is in the middle of the block, on Central Ave. between Church and Main Streets. Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Aye,
    Seumas52

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cortland Celtic Festival

Hello all,

Just a friendly reminder that the Cortland Celtic Festival is next Saturday, August 22nd. I will have an XMarks tent set up for any in the area who would like to stop by and say or hang out for a while.

This festival is small but friendly. Besides, with free admission, free parking, free concert and a beer tent what else could a canny Scot ask for? Sorry lads, no sheep.

Hope to see some of you there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be there, with my wife and three children. I will bring my sign for you to use or not use, as you wish! No worries! I will come by the XMarks tent to say hello. I'm looking forward to meeting you and any other Xmarkers that may be in attendence! Regards...
    "Before two notes of the theme were played, Colin knew it was Patrick Mor MacCrimmon's 'Lament for the Children'...Sad seven times--ah, Patrick MacCrimmon of the seven dead sons....'It's a hard tune, that', said old Angus. Hard on the piper; hard on them all; hard on the world." Butcher's Broom, by Neil Gunn, 1994 Walker & Co, NY, p. 397-8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast