X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to sum up Saturday... Clan Clause (Santa Kona and Santa Wally) both showed up right at opening with their very lovely ladies and was a hoot.... Sorry I missed you guys when you stopped in to say bye but it was the first time I had gotten outta the shop all day!! (I still have the bag of dandelions!)

not but a few minutes after Kona and Wally left another Xmarker stopped in (OMG I am so sorry I cant remember your name!!!) and I gave him a dandelion to wear we chatted for a few and then they where off.... then I spotted the oh so suave Rex walking past and had to holler at him a couple time before he realized I was an Xmarker and wanted him to come in LOL... After a compliment on his WONDERFUL mustache (really its as great as the pics for those who have not actually met him!) and giving him his dandelion his friend and him went to enjoy fair.

Honestly though I have to give credit to Clan Clause they where the BUZZ of the Fair EVERYONE I talked to noticed them and thought they where the greatest thing!!! Everyone thought they where the best Santa's they had ever seen and I know they got alot of attention LOL!!!!

Everyone I met today was wonderful!! Sorry I usually dont gush like this but Until you have met a Santa in a Kilt you just dont know what your missing....... And I got to meet 2 of them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMorgan View Post
    ... then I spotted the oh so suave Rex walking past and had to holler at him a couple time before he realized I was an Xmarker and wanted him to come in LOL...
    Thank you for calling me up to your shop. It was a pleasure to meet you, and thank you, Clan Claus, for the dandelion. I looked for the Clauses and UC Guy, but I never spotted any of you. I came with Friar Chuck, who wore his habit - not in costume, but the real deal.

There were certainly a number of kilts there yesterday - several great kilts, of course, and a few good 'tanks'. The acrylic versions were plentiful, and i saw a couple of creative interpretive versions, shall we say, not counting the very sad Halloween costumes decried in another thread - yep, they were there, too.

Sorry I wasn't in the right frame of mind to take a lot of pictures, but the bishop took some. He snapped this photo of me at one of the shops.

(I had a bit of a crisis getting dressed today - seems that my kilts are getting too big for me, so I ended up tucking the sweater into this "Dark Isle" casual kilt by Celtic Corner, and cinched the belt up to keep it from sliding down below my knees.)

They did present a kind of a highland games with volunteer athletes, but all we managed to catch was the haggis toss just before the jousting commenced.

In case you were wondering where those belly dancers at the real highland games come from, well, they shop here, I guess.

The weather was cool but sunny, and I don't recall ever seeing a bigger crowd. It was a fun day.

That's it for my report.

Regards,
    Rex.
    At any moment you must be prepared to give up who you are today for who you could become tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right after we left the BLACK DRAGON shop on Sat, where Santa Kona had left some dandelions :ootd: with MMorgan, we were spotted and stopped by "The Guy in the Kilt at UC", the X Marker who started this thread. We were only a few steps from the BLACK DRAGON and Kona directed The Guy... and his fair maiden into the BLACK DRAGON to get his dandelion. I'm sorry we missed meeting REX, but glad to read he got his dandelion compliments of Santa Kona.

We got lots of pictures taken (of us), not many we took of others. I'll post later after we get home. I discovered that I forgot the cable to connect the camera to the laptop.

The day was chilly and cloudy to start, but after a couple of hours the clouds were gone and the sun came out and turned into a fine day. We enjoyed the day, the first time that Sandy and I were at a renaissance fair, it won't be the last.
    Santa Wally
    Charter member of Clan Claus Society, Clan Wallace Society
    C.W. Howard Santa School Alumni
    International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Tremende View Post
    Thank you for calling me up to your shop. It was a pleasure to meet you, and thank you, Clan Claus, for the dandelion. I looked for the Clauses and UC Guy, but I never spotted any of you. I came with Friar Chuck, who wore his habit - not in costume, but the real deal.

Sorry I wasn't in the right frame of mind to take a lot of pictures, but the bishop took some. He snapped this photo of me at one of the shops.

The weather was cool but sunny, and I don't recall ever seeing a bigger crowd. It was a fun day.

That's it for my report.

Regards,
    Rex.

I see your dandelion :ootd: with your kilt pin. We must have been walking in opposite parts of the fair to miss each other. Your moustache and goatee are very distinguished, looks great and we would have been able to recognize you. The Clan Claus gang is very hard to spot, Ho-Ho-Ho. LOL
    Santa Wally
    Charter member of Clan Claus Society, Clan Wallace Society
    C.W. Howard Santa School Alumni
    International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Wally View Post
    Your moustache and goatee are very distinguished, looks great and we would have been able to recognize you.
    Holy crap, I've met him in person and didn't realize he had a goatee! His mustache is just that dang powerful! Much like some of those waitresses when they pose with the kilted people...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sathor View Post
    Holy crap, I've met him in person and didn't realize he had a goatee! His mustache is just that dang powerful! Much like some of those waitresses when they pose with the kilted people...

HAHAHA yes that mustache is a great thing!!

Sunday Long_Hand and his lady showed up and hung out for some time chatting it up and was a good time!! I want his ladies kilt, its the stillwater in the saffron shadow tartan they do (either that or i want one in the green shadow tartan...) maybe one day lol.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we had too good of a time...your female co-worker was ticked off...*l* We got some pics taken so I'll upload them in a bit in the show us your pics section. Heck, I'm chilling in the Saffron right now! Stillwater truly cannot be beat for the price. Now you have me wanting a green one. My bio-dad's paternal side came from Ireland so I'm quite comfy in either Saf or Emerald. BTW...I saw a few guys in Utilikilts and while I still want one...I have to say that I definately prefer a true kilt. There was even this one guy who was wearing this gods-awful halloween costume where the "kilt" was just a slightly pleated fabric wrapped around the waist and he even had one end bobby-pinned to the other end! It was horrible! All in all though we had a great time. Sure its not as bawdy and fun as before, but I still love the atmosphere, the music, and I got my yearly haggis and some guinness. I'm listening to Kyle Meadow's first CD right now even.

Slainte!
    ~Shawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL technically thats not a co-worker thats my employee As I am the manager of the shop LOL she can get as mad as she wishes .. lol she is just grumpy like, that we have worked together for about 8 years or so (i been there for 15) its all just part of our dynamic

wil have to go look at the pics!!!1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Kona View Post
    I am trying to get some of the Clan Claus to attend the Highland weekend.

I think I remember seeing you guys there. (I'm the piper there)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456