X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An overseas visitor .........

I have spent the last few days in the pleasurable company of X marker Mael Colium aka Ern Malcolm from Virginia USA, Ern made the trip over to Scotland in order to attend The Homecoming event in Edinburgh and then made his way over to Argyll for the Malcolm Clan gathering.

Ern contacted me to tell me of his visit and said he would like to meet up with me, I offered to arrange his accomodation and act as his guide to the area and show him some of Argyll's scenery, an offer he gratefully accepted and Ern extended me an invitation to his clan dinner held at Duntrune Castle, home and clan seat of the Malcolm family an offer that I gratefully accepted.

Here are a few of the photo's I took during Ern's stay, and I will add that this is just a taster, I think he will need a new camera in the very near future, he took so many photo's and went through so many batteries during his brief stay I am suprised his camera is still working, I am sure he will enlighten the forum with his account and photo's from his trip in the very near future.

Ern taking in the view of Loch Crinan and beyond from the hills above my cottage

Ern by the Malcolm Bell at Duntrune Castle, wearing the one decent kilt that he brought with him

Making his way up to the Castle entrance for the guided tour, Mij the labrador looks on in bewildered bemusement.

Ern and fellow Malcolms gather for a group photo in the courtyard

A shot of Duntrune Castle featuring a yellow weed (private joke between Ern and myself)

a weed free view of the castle
    Last edited by Redshank; 30th July 09 at 07:58 AM.