X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Vicar is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kilt klub............

Greetings Kilted Wolfman,

You would have to give more notice for a meeting as I am living in Hanna so I have a 3 hr drive (one way) ahead of me to make a get together.

Let me know when you plan the next one though. I will se what me and Mrs. can do?

Robert "V"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to share who is who in the pics? (oh, and don't forget to id the tartans )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, wearing the Isle of Skye on the right is me...

Thanks to kiltedwolfman for helping to make the evening a success! He brought along some friends -- future kilt-wearers I understand, right?

I only have 2 photos from that evening: the first, courtesy of kiltedwolfman's lovely wife (same pose as the one that's already been posted) but just with my camera....

Then, being the wise and frugal people we are, we went from Brewster's to the local Liquor Depot where we picked up some provisions, and made our way back to kiltedwolfman's place where I was surprised to find a well-stocked bar that would rival many small Japanese pubs, and I had a chance to view his own Kilt Kollection -- a very nice one indeed.

This really made my trip to Canada complete and I was glad to finally have met a fellow XMTS clansman.

Cheers,

Jim

kiltedwolfman
    Awe shucks I'm blushing, lol. The night was great fun and I'm looking forward to having another one soon.
    I was sporting my family tartan, Campbell of Argyll, Jim making the Isle of Skye look good, and my friend Fred in his first kilt, a rented tartan that I don't recognize. The other lads in the photo's are friends from the service, Adam and Matt, the former being of German blood, and the latter a Drummond.

kiltedwolfman
    Alrighty folks for any who can attend we'll have another get together on the 23rd Sept. It's a Wed. night so obviously it won't be an all nighter.... or will it? hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiltedwolfman View Post
    Alrighty folks for any who can attend we'll have another get together on the 23rd Sept. It's a Wed. night so obviously it won't be an all nighter.... or will it? hehehe
    I (again) vote for O'Byrne's on Whyte, but will certainly try to be there, wherever works for a majority. Just name the place and the hour.

I may even have something to wear. While the 4-yard box-pleated kilt I have on order won't be ready for a while, I will soon have hand-me-downs from Gary ...
    Last edited by NewGuise; 5th September 09 at 03:15 PM.
    Garrett

"Then help me for to kilt my clais..." Schir David Lindsay, Ane Satyre of the Thrie Estaitis

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You folks all have fun! Take plenty of pix and drink one for me too! Wish I could be there.

kiltedwolfman
    Well lads I'm going to have to postpone kilt night due to job taskings ( damn army always getting in the way of my fun! LOL )
    But no worries we'll be setting another one up soon enough.

Cheers

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you be able to put names to the faces? Great photos by the way, hope you all had a good time. In the first picture I cant help but notice the young lad in the middle is wearing Argyll socks and no sporran, now I know we all start somewhere, so I'm not trying to jump all over him or anything I just thought perhaps you could pass the following onto him. As for an economical pair or kilt hose I'd suggest going to the WBSocks ebay page
    http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/WB-SOC...34Q2ec0Q2em322

And for an economical sporran Stillwater has some good buys
    http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Sti...ther%20Sporran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well lads I'm going to have to postpone kilt night due to job taskings ( damn army always getting in the way of my fun! LOL )
    But no worries we'll be setting another one up soon enough.
    Alas!
    Garrett

"Then help me for to kilt my clais..." Schir David Lindsay, Ane Satyre of the Thrie Estaitis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast