X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an awesome place for a games..

I was given the Honor of being the solo Piper leading in the Clans right after the Massed bands. I was also given the Honor or Piping at the Front of the Games as the official welcoming committee.. I'll post some video when I get a chance, I was looking for other X'ers but I was so busy piping or getting ready to pipe I didn't find anyone!!

Eric

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was you at the gate? You sounded great. We stopped and listened to you for a bit.

--Chelsea McMurdo--
    Last edited by Squeaky McMurdo; 30th August 09 at 07:12 PM.
    This post is a natural product made from Recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a Lot, I was a little nervous playing while people were coming in, I have about 40 tunes in my repertoire and i didn't wanna play the same tune twice. I got tons of Complements on my piping and my SWK Leatherneck kilt.. It was a perfect day for the games; not too hot, not too cool and a lot of excitement from the people coming to the games.. Saw the gent with his kilt on backwards.. didn't even know what to say.

Eric

bricelythgoe is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
    We looked for you...I figured you would be in your Lamont kilt. I noticed the Lamont and MacPherson (our clan) Clan tents were right next to each other!

You're right though, we didn't get there until noon. It would have been much nicer to be there in the morning but I was lazy. It was soooo hot and muggy that afternoon. We didn't stay long.......I was knocked on my butt by morning (or noon as the case may be) sickness so we were only there for an hour or two.

--Chelsea McMurdo--
    Acctually, Mine was is a Ancient McKay tartan. However, I was looking for you guys. I would have recognized you had I seen you. My son started to get tired and whiny. That is why we left earlier. As soon as the massed bands were done we left. I guess I am just going to have to get that kilt night set up (which pretty much means the wife has to get involved or it will never get done.)

Brice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogden_Piper View Post
    Thanks a Lot, I was a little nervous playing while people were coming in, I have about 40 tunes in my repertoire and i didn't wanna play the same tune twice. I got tons of Complements on my piping and my SWK Leatherneck kilt.. It was a perfect day for the games; not too hot, not too cool and a lot of excitement from the people coming to the games.. Saw the gent with his kilt on backwards.. didn't even know what to say.

Eric
    I did not notice anyone playing at the front gate. What time did you start playing? There was one guy in a sport kilt that was WAY to long for him at the front gate, but that was it. The first people we ran into playing were the people from the bands practicing. That makes me a little sad. I wished I would have known you were doing that. I also wish I could PLAY the bagpipes.

I did not know what to say either. He looked like he was so proud of wearing his kilt and was taking lots of pictures that I don't think I could have said anything. Oh well, I am sure he will learn.

I am looking forward to your video Eric. I really want to see you play.

Brice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bricekolob View Post
    Acctually, Mine was is a Ancient McKay tartan.
    oops sorry...I forgot. I was looking for the right tartan, wrong name.

You ought to ask a moderator to move this thread to the Show Us Your Pics section. That's where my Jackson Games thread got moved.

--Chelsea--

P.S. Yah, we really need a kilt night.....If any of the Utah rabble wants to come up to Afton, WY one of these days, us McMurdos usually have some pretty awesome barbeques. It takes us 2 hours to get to Logan from our house.
    This post is a natural product made from Recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was there. Being a "Newbie" I don't know any of you by sight and there wasn't a dandilion to be found.
    I was glad to see the turnout for a first time event. It looks like it can grow to be a great annual event.
    I didn't know what to say to the backwards kilt guy either.
    A Kilt Night event would be a great way to meet all of you.
    Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Distant Stewart View Post
    I was there. Being a "Newbie" I don't know any of you by sight and there wasn't a dandilion to be found.
    I was glad to see the turnout for a first time event. It looks like it can grow to be a great annual event.
    I didn't know what to say to the backwards kilt guy either.
    A Kilt Night event would be a great way to meet all of you.
    Mark
    Acctually, I talked to the guy at the front gate with the longer kilt. They eventually told him. So all is well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12