X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just too bad they don't get to wear some decent kilts. The ones we have now are over ten years old, fairly poorly made and not well cared for. While they look good, they don't feel good.

I just looked at the ticket prices and it turns out I may not be able to go, as on a student budget, I could barely afford to make my own kilt. However, I may be able to "sneak" in with the band. It is good that I'm a performing arts student, and in good favour with the director.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be there...hopefully will have a chance to meet some of you! Also, hopefully will still be wearing a kilt after Sat/Sun morning...not sure if the owner is cool with me wearing it the full day or not.

-Sean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be arriving at the field after the parade and will be at the meeting place above at noon. Most of the rest of the weekend I can be found where the piping competition is. If you can find the playground (south of the heavy athletics), the piping area will be just to the south and I'll be in my Livingston kilt. The band competition will be in the main grandstands just to the west of the heavy athletics field. Stop by and say Hi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we're leaving from Denver this morning to Estes - I had a crazy drive from Grand Junction to Denver yesterday - a hose fitting blew up on the van by Silverthorne and required a tow truck to get me into a shop - I was amazed the shop found a part and had me on the road again in 3 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have permission from the band director, the school, and the parents. Now I'm Just waiting for the end of the day to know whether we have any space left. I've been given a preliminary probably, so chances are good.

I will be doing work to help out with the band, but if I catch a spare moment, I'll try to find everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Estes location is wonderful.... I'm just disappointed I couldn't stay longer due to the weather. Next year, we'll be back with a clan tent, so I'm looking forward to experiencing it for longer. And hopefully with better weather! Sorry I missed you all!

Kyle=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean better weather? ~ It was great ~ for ducks.

Sorry we didn't get to connect.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyle, you should have been there Sunday. And I do mean SUNday. Came home sunburned in spite of having used sunscreen.

We could have gone back over to the clan tent area and I would have introduced you to Kent Woodward who is in charge of that part of the games. BTW, there was another Livingston talking to one of the organizers about a clan tent for next year. That's part of the reason I jumped in quick and gave him my contact info. Also let him know what we've (you've) started working on for the clan association. The other person was from Georgia, Florida, Texas??? Living in one place, working in the other two? He wasn't sure as he hadn't talked with him yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12