X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like an epic night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEDEE View Post
    Jude will not be there with me, either, so at the very least a toast to "Absent Friends" and one to "The Lassies" is in order. And probably one to the Nanaimo Bars, Wirled Peas, the Scottish Diaspora along with individual toasts from each of the members present.

Beginning to look like we will need a designated camera operator that night.

Brian
    I will be the designated camera operator, for at least part of the evening. A colleague has agreed to cover for me Friday night at the provincial exams in Vancouver so that I can attend. I just, unfortunately, cannot myself take part in too many toasts and cannot stay out too late, since I need to be coherent Saturday morning for the examinations.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, I wonder if I can get a flight .....................!!

If only.

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ham, you almost got us excited! Bobbie, I think that you and my wife can share camera duties.... She will be sure that you don't stay out too late.
    "A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like too great of an occasion to miss...I'll be down.

Laurie
    The secret of happiness is freedom,
    and the secret of freedom, courage

Thucydides

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone is interested, The Royal Scot hotel has some good pricing on now. We could all stay there and make that XMarks central. That is the hotel that Steve made a Hagrid sized kilt for.

http://www.royalscot.com/index.html

I'm thinking of getting a small suite to serve as our hospitality room. Could anyone attending please PM me with your length of stay. Thanks.
    Last edited by Big Mikey; 20th September 09 at 10:34 PM. Reason: add link to hotel
    Gentleman of Substance

Retired Forum Moderator Chairman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike - I get in Fri afternoon and leave Sunday late afternoon. Staying at the Rockport.

Brian

In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, it's your Count that votes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mikey, The wife and I are also in the Royal Scot. We will be arriving Friday morning and leaving Monday afternoon.
    "A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." anon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The F-H.C.A.G. View Post
    Hey, I know what! You can just come over here...
    Gee, you'd think that with all the high-tech know-how floating around, there could be closed circuit broadcast of the hand off and the kilt night.

Or, closer to home, set up a web-cam Skype connection between your house and Steve's shop and/or the B.C. kilt night. Then Sinbad and Xena could watch, too. I'd make the drive for that.

w2f
    "Listen Men.... You are no longer bound down to the unmanly dress of the Lowlander." 1782 Repeal.
    Lady From Hell vs Neighbor From Hell @ [url]http://way2noisy.blogspot.com[/url]

kiltedwolfman
    Hey Mikey can you drop me a line and let me know what the Scot is offering for pricing? The fam and I will be needing a place to stay Friday night. We'll be driving from here all night Thurs, then on our way home again Sat. afternoon. If the Scot is offering a good deal we'll book in there too.

Cheers lad

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast