X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tilted Kilt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tilted Kilt

Anyone know when the new Tilted Kilt will be opening up in Winter Park and if so we should try to plan a kilt even to help them open the new location.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in for that. The Kilts of Florida will try to plan an organized Kilted night out there to show our support and get them on their way. I went to the one in St Pete and the food and service was very good, and that's what we look for in an outing.

Sanddog28 are you planning on attending the get together tonight at the Fiddlers Green at 6:30pm? Please do if you can, all are welcome!
    I don't believe the idea is to arrive in heaven in a well preserved body! But to slide in side ways,Kilt A' Fly'n! Scream'en "Mon Wha A Ride" Kilted Santas
    4th Laird of Lochaber, Knights of St Andrew,Knight of The Double Eagle
    Clan Seton,House of Gordon,Clan Claus,Semper Fedilas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going back to the subject of "kilts as costumes", I find this place horribly degrading. The waitresses are caricatures. The costumes are cheap knockoffs of Scotland's national dress.

I accidently found myself in a Tilted Kilt about a month ago, having never heard of the chain, and abruptly about faced out the door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last spring, the Tilted Kilt in Palm Springs was opening. Found the most straightforward thing to do was telephone the establishment and ask when they planned on opening. Remember to take pictures and post them here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Well I guess some of us are more open minded about what the young ladies are wearing, and remember that they are waitresses"wearing a costumns" not real " KILTS. " I don't mind them at all, I have have never once heard any of them refer to their dress as being the REAL THING! As long as the FOOD is good and the service is the same, I don't really care what they wear!

Just my 2 cents worth.
    I don't believe the idea is to arrive in heaven in a well preserved body! But to slide in side ways,Kilt A' Fly'n! Scream'en "Mon Wha A Ride" Kilted Santas
    4th Laird of Lochaber, Knights of St Andrew,Knight of The Double Eagle
    Clan Seton,House of Gordon,Clan Claus,Semper Fedilas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at the moment they have no number posted but i did email the contact on their website and as soon as i get a responce i will post it so we can begin our planning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to give this place a second shot. I went to the Bakersfield TK on Friday night. The bartender was wearing a black casual kilt, with the apron twisted off to his left, and the bottom of the kilt four inches below his kneecap. We left after one beer. I realize this is a "theme" restaurant, and that the employees are just wearing a uniform, with no idea what the actual dress is supposed to look like, but I couldn't stay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to a pub that had a monster burger called a heart attack, all other menu items had similar names, waitress in a mini nurses uniform. Didn't upset me or my nurse wife, its just a way to differentiate a product.

David

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Thornton View Post
    I went to a pub that had a monster burger called a heart attack, all other menu items had similar names, waitress in a mini nurses uniform. Didn't upset me or my nurse wife, its just a way to differentiate a product.

David
    I just saw that place on TV last night on some "monster" food show. If you finish the 2 lb. burger they take you out in a wheelchair...not something I am especially excited about...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Amish View Post
    I decided to give this place a second shot. I went to the Bakersfield TK on Friday night. The bartender was wearing a black casual kilt, with the apron twisted off to his left, and the bottom of the kilt four inches below his kneecap. We left after one beer. I realize this is a "theme" restaurant, and that the employees are just wearing a uniform, with no idea what the actual dress is supposed to look like, but I couldn't stay.
    For your own safety, Avoid Renissaince Faires and Highland Games

I see that at my local TK, I'll give them some pointers sometimes. "Hey man, hike up that kilt, let's see them knees, see, like this". That would have been a good way to make friends with the bartender.
    Order of the Dandelion, The Houston Area Kilt Society, Bald Rabble in Kilts, Kilted Texas Rabble Rousers, The Flatcap Confederation, Kilted Playtron Group.
    "If you’re going to talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast