X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: iPhone issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iPhone issues

I'm not sure how to begin diagnosing this, but since the upgrade - could be yours, could be mine (my iPhone software was recently updated), the xmarks experience on my iPhone is not the same as in a desktop browser.

It's always been a wee bit different but there are four things that I've noticed for sure:

1. The first three ads across the top don't display
    2. Clicking the go-to-last-post button only takes you to the top of a thread, not the bottom.
    3. the plain (low-traffic) yellow envelop thread indicator does not display
    4. I clicked the quick links drop-down menu and it replaced the items on the menu bar with the items from the drop-down (and there was no drop-down). The link I clicked was functional, however.

Regards,
    Rex.
    At any moment you must be prepared to give up who you are today for who you could become tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm

We don't have ATT in my area (much to my disdain) so I have not had the joy of an iPhone. I did have an iPod touch that passed away early. But, I do view XMTS from my Palm Pre, and haven't noticed any issues with forum display. Not sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More bars in more places... except New Mexico.

Would it be worth posting to the larger forum to see if anyone else is experiencing the same? We could compare iPhone software versions and such. Very geeky.
    At any moment you must be prepared to give up who you are today for who you could become tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Tremende View Post
    More bars in more places... except New Mexico.

Would it be worth posting to the larger forum to see if anyone else is experiencing the same? We could compare iPhone software versions and such. Very geeky.
    EXACTLY REX! lol. Been using that very line. As a side note, we have two carriers in this part of NM (SE) they are both CDMA: Sprint and Alltel. Alltel was overtaken by VZW last year. However, we still have the Alltel logos out here.

Then a few months ago we found out that due to some fair trade something or other, VZW is required to sell off some of the acquired Alltel areas. They've apparently decided to sell to ATT, and our area is one of them.

here's hopeful!

And yes, I think it might yield some good having a geeky pow-wow in say the Off Topic section? I don't think this section comes up in the "new posts" feature...