X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado Kilties!! Check it out!!

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/colorado/index.html

Guess what we're gettin'? I met a waitress this weekend who told me about it. Thought you'd all like to know.
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. When we going? Cuz I just got my kilt, and it is smokin'.

Hey...I just saw their opening day and time. Even more reason to grab a drink there.

*Edit* WAIT...man, that looks like Hooters, but with plaid miniskirts. You sure about this? Call it...

*Edit #2* Oh, hell with it. When we going?
    Last edited by wildrover; 23rd November 09 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hawk, you need to at least wait till next month to set it up. All my kilts are still up in Estes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh...most of the kilt belt buckles I want (rather, belt buckles I'd like to turn in to kilt belt buckles) are also in Estes Park. You been in that belt/buckle store up there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've wandered into almost every store there, including the Park Theater Mall which burned down a few weeks ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was by there just the other day.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mrs is now employed- we are a 2 income family again and nor broke perpetually- so we're up for it whenever the rest of the rabble is.

wildrover- congrats! What tartan is it and who made it?
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's by Robert MacDonald (westcoastkilts.com), in MacLaren modern, and I am so psyched...been wearing it while practicing in the evening, wore it out yesterday to pick up takeout, and came back to find a buddy with a dead battery...so my first public kilt appearance included jump starting a car .

...Yes, I got a picture ...will post it later this evening, tho it's pretty grainy.

I'm w/o sporran at the moment (got hose, and shoes that'll do...old Docs), picked up what I thought would be a great one, but it didn't have enough space in the pouch for all my piping-related stuff or even the cards and cell, so I returned it...kinda bummed actually, it was pretty sweet, an old RW Forsythe in good shape, metal cantle and horsehair...but it didn't suit what I needed. I guess I need garters too...tho yesterday I found yet another use for waxed yellow linen string besides pipe tenons .

If I can get my hands on a sporran somewheres before Christmas, I'm down to meet wherever, as soon as it shows up...got an economy holdover on order as of today. There's an Angus Mohr concert on the 5th, too, in B-field, I'm going in a kilt whether I have a sporran or not .

-Sean

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrover View Post
    It's by Robert MacDonald (westcoastkilts.com), in MacLaren modern, and I am so psyched...been wearing it while practicing in the evening, wore it out yesterday to pick up takeout, and came back to find a buddy with a dead battery...so my first public kilt appearance included jump starting a car .

...Yes, I got a picture ...will post it later this evening, tho it's pretty grainy.

I'm w/o sporran at the moment (got hose, and shoes that'll do...old Docs), picked up what I thought would be a great one, but it didn't have enough space in the pouch for all my piping-related stuff or even the cards and cell, so I returned it...kinda bummed actually, it was pretty sweet, an old RW Forsythe in good shape, metal cantle and horsehair...but it didn't suit what I needed. I guess I need garters too...tho yesterday I found yet another use for waxed yellow linen string besides pipe tenons .

If I can get my hands on a sporran somewheres before Christmas, I'm down to meet wherever, as soon as it shows up...got an economy holdover on order as of today. There's an Angus Mohr concert on the 5th, too, in B-field, I'm going in a kilt whether I have a sporran or not .

-Sean
    Angus Mohr on the 5th? Sweet! I'm there. I want to pick up a copy of their Christmas CD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit up their website and get on the mailing list, if you're not already...that's the only place it was promoted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast