X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clan Duncan Worldwide Network

Hi All at X-Mark, I hope the moderators don't mind this wee plug but the Clan Duncan Society has just launched a new addition, The Clan Duncan Worldwide Network Although 'stand alone' it will be linked to our present website, forum and gallery and is an exciting and very interactive platform.

X-Mark the Scot members, whether Duncans or not, are quite welcome to join and interact as there are areas for general posting on history, heritage and tartans etc

Slainte

John
    John A. Duncan of Sketraw
    "Oh wad some power the giftie gie us, tae see oorsel's as ithers see us."

Clan Duncan Society The Heraldry Society of Scotland
    Scottish History Online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketraw View Post
    Hi All at X-Mark, I hope the moderators don't mind this wee plug but the Clan Duncan Society has just launched a new addition, The Clan Duncan Worldwide Network Although 'stand alone' it will be linked to our present website, forum and gallery and is an exciting and very interactive platform.

X-Mark the Scot members, whether Duncans or not, are quite welcome to join and interact as there are areas for general posting on history, heritage and tartans etc

Slainte

John
    Arent' the Duncans apart of the Robertsons of Struan originally? My wife is a Robertson by blood.

Aye,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the late reply Kyle, I Just noticed your post.

Yes, the Robertson of Struan claim decent from Robert Duncanson who supposedly dropped the name Duncan for that of Robertson and the Clan became Clan Robertson aka Clan Donnachaidh.

This PDF is from an article in the Clan Donnachaidh Annual of 2009 goes someway to outlining the position of Duncans and Donachies http://www.north-scotland.co.uk/Dunc...-Societies.pdf It looks however that the confederation talked about in the article will not be going ahead.

The Clan Duncan Society alone has over 2000 supporters worldwide on their Clan Roll that support the reinstatement of an independent Duncan Chief of the name.

The Article The Duncan, Donnachaidh Robertson Scenario http://www.clan-duncan.co.uk/duncan-...robertson.html outlines futher details on the Duncan and Robertsons. This Article, which has to be updated with more information does not include the present results of the Donnachaidh DNA project which shows no connection between the Duncan and Robertson DNA, I am sure this is not what was expected when they started the DNA project.

It is however up to each individual Duncan to clarify in their own mind and make their own decisions regarding any of the above.
    Last edited by Sketraw; 14th April 10 at 01:39 AM.
    John A. Duncan of Sketraw
    "Oh wad some power the giftie gie us, tae see oorsel's as ithers see us."

Clan Duncan Society The Heraldry Society of Scotland
    Scottish History Online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketraw View Post
    Sorry for the late reply Kyle, I Just noticed your post.

Yes, the Robertson of Struan claim decent from Robert Duncanson who supposedly dropped the name Duncan for that of Robertson and the Clan became Clan Robertson aka Clan Donnachaidh.

This PDF is from an article in the Clan Donnachaidh Annual of 2009 goes someway to outlining the position of Duncans and Donachies http://www.north-scotland.co.uk/Dunc...-Societies.pdf It looks however that the confederation talked about in the article will not be going ahead.

The Clan Duncan Society alone has over 2000 supporters worldwide on their Clan Roll that support the reinstatement of an independent Duncan Chief of the name.

The Article The Duncan, Donnachaidh Robertson Scenario http://www.clan-duncan.co.uk/duncan-...robertson.html outlines futher details on the Duncan and Robertsons. This Article, which has to be updated with more information does not include the present results of the Donnachaidh DNA project which shows no connection between the Duncan and Robertson DNA, I am sure this is not what was expected when they started the DNA project.

It is however up to each individual Duncan to clarify in their own mind and make their own decisions regarding any of the above.
    No worries! Thank you for the plethora of information! My wife will be very excited, as she is just now getting more and more into her Scottish heritage. She married a Macpherson, but thirsts for more Robertson knowledge! Thanks again mate!

Aye,