X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banana beer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banana beer

Try it!

This unique brew (Alc 5.2% vol) combines all the traditional qualities and style of a Charles Wells bitter with the subtle flavour of banana. Its flavour unfolds with a sensual sparkle and a smart crispness, which balances its aroma perfectly. Tropically fruity; its ripe banana flavour, emphasised by a hint of bitterness, comes from the addition of real fair trade bananas and finishes with an emphatic, steely dryness.

"...fruity roughness of winter barley and toffeeish sweetness of crystal malt... hugely tempting aroma of bananas; creamy head; firm, silky body."
    Michael Jackson
    Beer Writer for the Independent

A fairly recent addition to the Charles Wells range of ales, Wells Banana Bread Beer has already achieved a number of accolades including winner of "Beer of the Festival" award at CAMRA's London Drinker Festival in March 2002.

Available as a draught seasonal cask bitter, Wells Banana Bread Beer can be found on the bar and, in its popular pint bottle format, in all leading supermarkets.
    The brand has also received widespread acclaim from customers throughout the UK. Here's what Tim Carter of Guernsey had to say:

"What a fantastic smell as I opened the bottle top, unusual but pleasingly natural... but what about the taste? ...I have tried quite a few but nothing, I mean nothing hits the mark like 'Wells Banana Bread Beer'. The taste is twice as good as the smell. ...You have definitely found a gap in the market, every beer drinker should try it. I look forward to buying my next (not 1 bottle) batch of 'Wells Banana Bread Beer'."
    It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is only one food in the world that should taste of banana, and that is the banana itself...

I'll pass. Elderberry ale though, that's a treat!
    Vin gardu pro la sciuroj!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banana milkshake, Banana icecream, Banana BEER!

They're all amazing. And to be honest - it's extremely subtle within the beer itself but when you taste it it's great!
    It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would Elvis drink this when when having a fried Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich?
    If you see abbreviations, initials or acronyms you do not know the Xmarks FAQ section on abbreviations may help.

www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/faq.php?faq=xmarks_faq#faq_faq_abbr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious about this particular beer. It it too bad that I live in Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would certainly try this beer.
    We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. - Japanese Proverb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can it be found in North Carolina?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring a bottle to Dumfries on the last weekend of january, and I'll promise to try it. Not to like it, though.
    Vin gardu pro la sciuroj!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many wheat beer yeasts will impart a strong banana flavor. I wonder if this has banana in it, or just the by products of the yeast?

I wish I could remember what beer it was ... a month or so ago I was serving beer at a brewing event in Milwaukee (they pay me in beer!). The table I was at had a beer that tasted just like those soft orange candy circus peanut things! It was very popular, but so weird. Too bad I can't remember which one it was. Anyhow, those are very banana like.

I don't care for the banana flavor or smell in my beers. Sorry. That would not intrigue me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to stump my colleague at work who is a member of several beer clubs. She's had it before and says Well's Banana Bread Beer was "interesting."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast