X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi there

Mr. Kilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have the plate, but it's just hanging on my garage wall now. I haven't bothered to get the same one here. Yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    St. Patrick's Day is this coming Wednesday. Kilt night? My preference would be somewhere in close to downtown or west'ish but could likely make it down to the Kilt and Cabre if that's what others want to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kilted drumming

Hey Blackwolf,
    I haven't been on the forum for a while , just read your post. I haven't heard of any kilt nights, but that would be fun. I play drums in a local rock band called the Steve McQueen Band. We played at the Shamrock Hotel for St. Pat's. There was a Celtic band called Claymore playing there as well. Sadly I was the only one in the place kilted. I play kilted quite often. If you check out our facebook group "Steve McQueen Band rocks" we list our upcoming shows. Come out and check us out. Chances are I'll be wearing my kilt. Be warned though we are not a Celtic band, but it's always lots of fun.

Slàinte
    Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi , I live in North Calgary. I talked with the manger at Scotsmans' well in Kincora. I think they are interested in getting a kilt night going. They had a small Robbie burns event on Jan 23, 2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    Hey Blackwolf,
    I haven't been on the forum for a while , just read your post. I haven't heard of any kilt nights, but that would be fun. I play drums in a local rock band called the Steve McQueen Band. We played at the Shamrock Hotel for St. Pat's. There was a Celtic band called Claymore playing there as well. Sadly I was the only one in the place kilted. I play kilted quite often. If you check out our facebook group "Steve McQueen Band rocks" we list our upcoming shows. Come out and check us out. Chances are I'll be wearing my kilt. Be warned though we are not a Celtic band, but it's always lots of fun.

Slàinte
    Mark

Hey Mark. Took a look at your facebook page. Sounds like a good time. I'll defiantly come out to one of your shows. Maybe to the cage this weekend. You going to be kilted at the show this weekend?
    [FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Jason

Here's to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one,
    A pretty girl and an honest one, A cold beer and another one.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xb12x View Post
    Hi , I live in North Calgary. I talked with the manger at Scotsmans' well in Kincora. I think they are interested in getting a kilt night going. They had a small Robbie burns event on Jan 23, 2010.

Hi there. I know the Scotsmans' well. Been there a few times. I think starting a kilt night up there would be great. It's a bit of a drive for me but that's ok if they are on weekends or early enough in the evenings. Let me know if one gets started; hopefully I don't have hockey or anything.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Jason

Here's to a long life and a merry one, A quick death and an easy one,
    A pretty girl and an honest one, A cold beer and another one.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
    Hey Mark. Took a look at your facebook page. Sounds like a good time. I'll defiantly come out to one of your shows. Maybe to the cage this weekend. You going to be kilted at the show this weekend?
    Hey that would be great. I won't be kilted tonight though. We are shooting a bit of video tonight..... But maybe I'll do it anyway???.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123