X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago Politics

I'll try this one...I heard it from a family member who worked for our fair city.

A politician is elected to a seat previously held by a man who was once very popular but has fallen from grace and lost the election by a landslide.

The new man sits down at the desk and looks through the drawers. In the top drawer he finds a large manila envelope upon which is written, "To my successor. When you have your first political crisis, open this envelope." He puts it back in the drawer and goes about his business.

Sure enough, about a year later he gets embroiled in a political scandal. He remembers the manila envelope and opens it. Inside there are three white letter sized envelopes numbered 1, 2 and 3.

He opens the envelope numbered 1. Inside is a note that reads, "Blame the previous administration."

He calls a press conference and blames his problems on the previous administration. Everybody seems satisfied and the scandal dies down.

Months later, a second scandal involving the politician is discovered by the press. Newspaper headlines decry him; editorials demand his resignation.

He goes to his desk and opens the envelope marked 2. In it is another note. "Blame the Liberal Media."

He immediately begins blaming the Liberal Media for unfair treatment of his administration. Once again, the scandal dies down.

Finally another scandal, worse than both of the other two combined, hits the papers. He goes to his desk and opens envelope number three.

Inside is a note, "Get one large manila envelope and three white letter sized envelopes..."

Best

AA

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    John, I'm surprised this is in Craig's Corner. Sounds more like Chicago or Illinois history to me.
    Animo non astutia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, FIBs...