X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AZ renfest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I am a Pennsic goer. Two weeks for $150 (includes Pennsic university and too much fun to list) How much is Estrella ?
    Humor, is chaos; remembered in tranquillity- James Thurber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Estrella War is 5 days now...at least this year. Who knows what next year will bring...

For Pre-Reg: $65 (SCA)members, $75 non-members

Regular Admission is : $85 members, $95 non-members.

Day trip rate is: $20 members, $23 non-members.

Here's the Estrella War link if you or anyone else is interested for future reference: http://www.estrellawar.org

B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
    Can't argue with cultists, y'all have fun living "THE DREAM" (copyright ; Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.)
    "Can't argue with Cultists?" Wow, thanks for that. I know the Renn Faire people and SCA people don't typically see eye to eye on things, but you want to call us Cultist?

There are so many things I'd love to say in response to that, but I'll refrain. The only thing I will say though is it's simple math which is more expensive.

$20 a day for Renn Fair
    $75 for Seven days at Estrella (Estrella starts on Monday and ends on Monday) 75 divided by 7 breaks down to almost 11 dollars a day.

But even this doesn't really matter. You do what you enjoy and everyone else can do what they enjoy. I wouldn't care if SCA was 10 times more expensive, I would still do what makes me happy.

You don't need to resort to name calling when someone doesn't agree with you. Luckily both the Renn Fair and SCA exist because they draw two completely different types of people and we both can enjoy what makes us happy.

You take care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayin McFye View Post
    "Can't argue with Cultists?" Wow, thanks for that. I know the Renn Faire people and SCA people don't typically see eye to eye on things, but you want to call us Cultist?

There are so many things I'd love to say in response to that, but I'll refrain. The only thing I will say though is it's simple math which is more expensive.

$20 a day for Renn Fair
    $75 for Seven days at Estrella (Estrella starts on Monday and ends on Monday) 75 divided by 7 breaks down to almost 11 dollars a day.

But even this doesn't really matter. You do what you enjoy and everyone else can do what they enjoy. I wouldn't care if SCA was 10 times more expensive, I would still do what makes me happy.

You don't need to resort to name calling when someone doesn't agree with you. Luckily both the Renn Fair and SCA exist because they draw two completely different types of people and we both can enjoy what makes us happy.

You take care.
    well said Ayin! (a lot better than I could have said!) btw...if getting together with my friends for a week, playing music, beating the crap out of one another, learning how to make stuff like ghillies, drinking, dancing, and enjoying belly dancers hypnotic sway ( not necessarily in that order) is being a "cultist" then so be it!!
    Irish diplomacy: is telling a man to go to he)) in such a way that he looks forward to the trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12