X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

March 14th Pub Crawlers in SPRING CITY!

Hey Guys,

I've been a fan of the Pub Crawlers (New England band) for a few years now. Heck, we even made a kilt or two for the band back when we first started the company. Now they're going to be playing less than a mile from my house (5 minutes from our shop)!

The band is playing at Gallagher's Pub on 724 in Spring City on Sunday March 14th. If anyone is up for seeing a good 'Celtic Punk Rock and Roll' band in a VERY intimate setting, let me know and we'll make it a kilt night. Show starts at 5 PM with 3 or 4 bands total playing (Pub Crawlers are on last). Not sure who the opening bands are. Will update as I find out.

http://www.the-pubcrawlers.com/

Gallagher's Country Tavern
    3639 Schuylkill Road
    Spring City, PA 19475-1524
    (610) 948-9521
    Last edited by RockyR; 3rd February 10 at 06:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocky,
    I would be interested. I could see getting in a fight for wearing a kilt to Gallaghers though. What do you think? - Jon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since it's a Celtic band (and at LEAST Mac and I wil be there in kilts as well), I realy don't see it being a problem. It's also 3 days before St. Pat's, so people are generally a bit more 'understanding' around that time of year.

I've never been there before, but I've been in dozens of bars / pubs and have NEVER gotten in a fight for wearing a kilt and I've worn one pretty much every day for the last 5 - 6 years. Might there be someone who makes an ignorant comment? That can happen anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should check Gallagher's out some night. Total redneck crowd. I was there once, that was enough. But might venture out to see the band.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can get along with pretty much anyone. I won't be wearing an Argyll jacket and tie to the show, but should be fine in a kilt, boots and a tshirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys. Dana from The Pubcrawlers here. We played Gallagher's last year with The Noid (our gracious hosts whom we'll be sharing the "stage" again with next month), and we had the same impression when we got there. About 5 miles away, we had to wait for a herd of deer to cross the road in front of us. No big deal, happens here in Maine too. So, we got to the bar, (yes, it's story time) and wondered what we had gotten ourselves into. The bar has two rooms, the one with the actual bar in it was filled with what appeared to be the regulars, watching a game on TV. The room we were playing in was void of people really, except for band members from the Noid. We loaded our gear in, ordered some food, got some beer. About a half hour before the show started, a bunch of rockers and punks started to fill in, and the place was quite full. Mohawks, leather jackets, piercings, I think some of us were wearing kilts. We partied with the bands, had a great time. Most of us feel it was the funnest show we've had to date, and we're truly looking forward to our stop there again this year. I hope my story wasn't too boring, but sets any reservations you guys have at ease. On another note, Rocky, do you have a "kennedy" tartan? I currently don't own a kilt of my own, might be interested in having one made. Send me an email if you're interested, and have the time, I could pick it up at the show. dana@the-pubcrawlers.com In the meantime, follow us online at any of the following. www.the-pubcrawlers.com www.facebook.com/thepubcrawlers www.myspace.com/thepubcrawlers If you have google calendar, there's a public Pubcrawlers calendar you can follow for show listings. Take care guys, hope to meet you all next month. Dana - The Pubcrawlers Decided to add a few photos from that show last year. Cheers.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello Dana,

Great to hear from you! I sent you an email about the kilt...

See you in a month or so!

Rocky

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone else wants to meet up to go to the show. Mac and I will be going and would love to have a few other kilties there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be there. Its close enough to home, depends on how things go down at the Philly parade.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BUMP... if anyone is planning on going, I will be there around 5 or 6 PM. The Pub Crawlers go on last at about 9 or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast