X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To The Bear Tartan Social Group

Picking Up the Pieces

The social group has been pretty quiet for a while now, and it looks like there is only one other open Bear thread at this time.

Having taken a break from posting and kilts over the last few months, and even reconsidering whether I should continue to wear the kilt, I've come to realize, once again, the Bear Tartan is the closes thing to a clan tartan I have, and I feel just as strongly about it as I ever have. And you all, Bare Tartan members, are a bit like my clan.

I raise my paw to the Bear clan and our tartan.

It's just going to take me a lot longer to get a kilt in our tartan
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…
    Yes, I have squirrels in my brain…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Crocker View Post
    ... and even reconsidering whether I should continue to wear the kilt...
    Say it ain't so!

Do we need to have an intervention? Or do you need to buy more kilts?

True the social group hasn't had posts in quite some time. Maybe it's time for people to re-up again. I'll also check out TBRU this weekend and see if there are others who need to join.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, the social group hasn't had many posts. It's actually a little disconnected from discussions out here on the forum, though, so I guess it's ok. We have grown in membership, and that's good.

As far as new kilts,

this is the second time this has happened to me. The first was when I was planning to sell my property and I could have pinched a little kilt money, then the whole US economy had a melt down. I decided I aught to stay put.

That gave me time, though, to realize that the Bear tartan was my tartan, and the Highland Granite tartan just looked nice. Everything's ok, after a lot of soul searching, I've just had to put new kilts on hold, again, for a while.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to go look up the group you mentioned, Kiltboy. Ya, if any Bear folks or friends would like to join the social group, that's great.

I'm not a member of any LGBT groups, other than here, in fact this is the only forum of any sort to which I belong, so I guess I'll just watch over the BT social group to be LGBT involved.

I did find the discussion between Chris and I, about the two groom wedding kilt attire, interesting and so on, so I'll watch the forum for LGBT related topics.

I do realize I've had a long, long string of extremely boring topics, and I've probably left a bad impression for some people, so I'm going easy on starting any new threads beyond the ones I just started.

I'll try to keep up on the forum goings on.
    Last edited by Bugbear; 17th March 10 at 01:37 PM. Reason: I had to clarify and change the grammer.

Fresno, California in the good old U.S.A.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the Bear Tartan Social Group because it was the only LGBT group I found here. I admit that when I wanted to wear a kilt for my wedding, I was afraid that other kilt wearers would resent a gay couple wanting to wear a kilt. Xmarks has been fairly LGB friendly (certain threads have not, and more have been anti-trans but in both cases the mods have eventually closed them). I was also wearing my kilts less for a few months, but I've been wearing them much more the last two weeks. I had forgotten how much better I feel when I'm kilted. Some how the pleats make the day better. I'm currently debating wearing my Irish district (Donagal sp?) today for St. Pat's day, but I'm concerned because my department is getting photographed for a feature news story today, and I don't want to upstage the department. Maybe I'll take a suit as well, and tell my chair I'm happy to change. Oh well... I seem to have meandered from my point.

To the fellow members of this group, I salute you!
    Cheers
    Chris
    I wish I had something funny or profound to put in a signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you're with us, Chris, and hope you enjoy your kilted time.

We have come a long way here. I remember, after having just joined, reading several threads in the penalty box because of comments made after a LGBT issue had come up. I avoided talking about it because of this, though, it did subtly end up in a lot of my posts.

The Bear Tartan came up, and I thought that would be a very good reason for a LGBT tartan social group on a kilt forum.

But I didn't even have any idea there was a Bear tartan, or even a LGBT pride tartan, until I read it here on XMTS; I think it was a Riverkilt thread.

* I am aware that the term "bear" is often used with a much wider meaning as a discription of a person, and that is why I keep bringing up "LGBT." I hope the two will not get mixed up, and that it will be understood the term "bear" being used on the forum does not necessarily have a LGBT meaning.

Apoligies for causing any confusion.
    Last edited by Bugbear; 17th March 10 at 08:42 AM.