X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Join us on KING 5 TV in your kilt ~ next Tuesday, April 6th for Tartan Day?!

Tuesday, April 6th ~ Tartan Day we will be modeling kilts on Seattle's KING 5 TV morning show "New Day Northwest". When I was called to arrange this they weren't aware Tuesday was Tartan Day, though once informed they got excited and recruited a highland dancer and bagpiper to attend as well.

Would you like to be on TV in your kilt participating as part of our studio audience?
    KING 5 has asked how many seats I'd like reserved in the studio audience for friends & I think it would be a hoot if a bunch of people in the audience were also wearing kilts!

To join us, email me asap at kiltguy@kiltandmini.com
    You can email here at Xmarks, though for some reason my messages aren't forwarded to my regular email (is there a way to set this up?)

INFO: The taping will be from 9:00 am - 11:00 am at the KING 5 Studios in the South Lake Union area of Seattle and I need to provide KING 5 a count of how many people would like to attend. Therefore if you'd like to join us to celebrate Tartan Day in style - please contact me asap. More details will be emailed to you directly if you let me know you'd like to attend the taping!

KING 5 New Day Northwest: http://www.king5.com/new-day-northwest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like fun, but I'll be working unfortunately.
    -Martin

"Cuimhnich air na daoine bhon tanaig thu"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds cool, but, like celt72, got other plans. I might be in the general vicinity, though, so maybe send a cameraman over to Glazer's Camera and they might catch a glimpse of me by the used Nikon camera case, drooling over some gear.

-J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be a great way to spend the morning, but alas I must work. I will have to find some other plans afterwards. Tacoma anyone?

Western Washinton State - East of Tacoma and West of Rainer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are pictures.

If you go to the station web site tonight (tuesday) there are some shots of the group. I also was at work.

Western Washinton State - East of Tacoma and West of Rainer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look on the King 5 site for Kilt Fashion show the complete segment is there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a very interesting segment and informative to viewers uninformed about kilts. Thanks for posting it. I googled "king 5 tv", then I did a search on the stations website for the "kilt fashion show". I've tried to copy and paste the video below
    http://www.king5.com/new-day-northwe...-90020802.html

I tried the link as I previewed this post, IT WORKED.
    Santa Wally
    Charter member of Clan Claus Society, Clan Wallace Society
    C.W. Howard Santa School Alumni
    International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That second model is either wearing his kilt a wee bit low or he's got on a woman's skirt
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldHighlander View Post
    That second model is either wearing his kilt a wee bit low or he's got on a woman's skirt

Yes, it's WAAYY too long, it does look like a woman's skirt, he also has his day plaid over the wrong shoulder.

My first post was simply to provide the link so others could go to the video quickly.
    Santa Wally
    Charter member of Clan Claus Society, Clan Wallace Society
    C.W. Howard Santa School Alumni
    International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Wally View Post

Yes, it's WAAYY too long, it does look like a woman's skirt, he also has his day plaid over the wrong shoulder.

My first post was simply to provide the link so others could go to the video quickly.
    I posted the link in the media section: http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...ttle-wa-58577/ & posed the same question there

Thanks for posting the link to begin with. I live in the region but don't have cable so I'm stuck with one channel!
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]