X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Six Years

Hell-o all,

It has been six years this month that I first logged on to XMarks. What a wonderful six years. I have met many wonderful people (some of them in real life) and found my time here to be a grand experience.

This place wouldn't be as great without all of the people here, you all rock! Yes we have had some growing pains and the like, but by and large it has been a grand experience, let us keep it going.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Congrats on such a momentous milestone. I have along way to go to reach that level,
    but it has been great to be a part of the honourable forum.
    "'Tis far better to keep one's mouth closed and
    seem the fool; than to open it, thereby removing
    all doubt." Anon.

Member - Order of the Dandelion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done indeed, I've not been quite as long as you on this forum but already I have made many new internet friends here and I have had the good fortune to be able to meet quite a few of you in person.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Retired Forum Moderator Chairman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glen, congratulations on that milestone. That makes you one of the real 'old-timers' from the first year of the forum.

Glad to have you still around.

Brian

In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, it's your Count that votes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! It's been three years for me. This is indeed a great community.
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Anniversary!
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Congratulations!

I'm just shy of 4 years myself, and while I've been on many other egroups & forums, I always feel most at home here & would echo your sentiment of what a wonderful experience / wonderful group of people we have here. I've made many friends here & even connected with a couple of distant relatives!!

Gman, here's to your 6 years & to many, many more to come for you & all here!
    Cheers!
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WOW... I just realized that it was April 8th (tomorrow) that I joined XMARKS in 2004, so I'm on my 6 year 'anniversary' as well. Happy Anniversary, GMan! May we both see another 6 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glen & Rocky, congrats for sticking around that long. Glen, both Joyce and I have enjoyed the kilt nights when you've been there. And Rocky, one of these days I'll be in your area, not sure when but it will happen.
    Greg Livingston
    Commissioner
    Clan MacLea (Livingstone)

Duncanofcolorado is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Hell-o all,

It has been six years this month that I first logged on to XMarks. What a wonderful six years. I have met many wonderful people (some of them in real life) and found my time here to be a grand experience.

This place wouldn't be as great without all of the people here, you all rock! Yes we have had some growing pains and the like, but by and large it has been a grand experience, let us keep it going.
    Congratulations to GMAN and Rocky. As a new member I look forward to as many years on a great community site.
    I hope to meet some members at the Tartan Day in CO on Saturday. I will be walking with my Irish Wheaten Terrier so please introduce yourselves if you see me.
    Also, I was hoping to get by Rocky's shop this summer. My wife and I were planning a trip to Quakertown to visit her family but I can't go because of work so maybe next year I'll get there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast