X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Seo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Seo

I currently have in my possession the entierty of the seriese Can Seo. If you do not know what that is, It is a wonderfull BBC(?) television miniserise from the 70's(?) designed to teach people basic, conversatioanl Gaelic.

Its perfect for anyone who wants to learn to speak some Gaelic, but cant learn from books.

I have all the files, and I might still have the book that went with the shows, the only problem with sharing them is, they are huuuuge files. Gigs of them. Also, I dont know if I am supposed to have them. I dont think you can buy them on DVD though.

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to share them, if anyone knows just how I could go about doing that.

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these on your computer / files?
    Can you burn them onto disc?
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are VOB files, and I need to run them through a CD-emulator (MagicISO i think its called) to make my computer think they are in the cd drive. I have tried to burn them, and get them to work, but they dont seem to work with out the emulator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnthePants View Post
    They are VOB files, and I need to run them through a CD-emulator (MagicISO i think its called) to make my computer think they are in the cd drive. I have tried to burn them, and get them to work, but they dont seem to work with out the emulator
    hmm
    Maybe one of the rabble here can assist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the series, though I've yet to give it any use. I've also got a PDF of the book too.

As for emulating the CD images, Daemon Tools is free and works very well.
    I'd have to take a look at my discs to see what format they're in, but I suspect if you're emulating the disc you could do a straight disc to disc copy. You might also be able to convert the files into standard AVI or MPEG format with some software, though nothing jumps to mind at the moment.

Tėoraidh,
    -John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a way can be found I would love to get a copy of the book and program.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShoe View Post
    If a way can be found I would love to get a copy of the book and program.
    same here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic! I watched that show even when I was wee!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast