X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Seo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you make an ISO copy of the discs, than they can be uploaded and downloaded the the users can just download an ISO tool to use them.. Some one will need to host the files. in a Peer to Peer setting. or if anyone has an FTP that has that much room on them. that will work as well. there may be a flaw in my logic i am just think out loud here. adding to the brain storm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try converting them to MP4 format and then most ppl can view them on there PC or Ipod/Iphone. then if you have said device you can watch it on your TV.Try this page for the convert.. There are more out there. i have a DVD to MP4 converter. if you can send me one of the files i would be glad to play with it. for all to use

PM me if your interested

UPDATE:
    I have the software to convert this. It is free software so by no means am the expert or guru on this topic. the software is called Any Video Converter. you can search Download dot Com for it. I enjoy fun projects like this one, and i would love to help share this information with everyone.
    Last edited by Kilted Rogue; 25th April 10 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh meesha, that brings back memories. The jaunty theme tune and the acted-out scenarios.

We used to sit down with our Gaelic books and try to learn along with the programmes.

Excuse my phonetics (I forgot the real spelling, but I remember phases like):-

Person 1 “Jay a jeeanuv ?” (What are you doing ?)

Person 2 “Ha mee geery” (I am working !)

Or

“Ha flooch an jaw” (It’s raining today)

“Ha fooar an jaw” (It’s cold today)

“Ha snyachk an jaw” (It’s snowing today)

I remember Norman MacLean, the Mod Gold-Medallist, was one of the presenters. He had a humorous side. I remember as a teenager, our family ceilidh band played on the same bill as Norman on several occasions in Edinburgh (eg Edinburgh Argyll Association, whose president was Bob Shiach)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could just take requests for burning the raw data files to a Data DVD and let the rabble convert them for themselves. I don't mean that to sound heartless, I just know enough about video and DVD mastering to tell you that VOB files are somewhat difficult to wrangle... I'm certain I could transcode them for myself but I don't know how helpful I could be for others as I am using professional video editing applications to do it which are not cheap or easy to master. If you own a Mac, I would suggest MPEG Streamclip as a starting point.
    -Adam
    Not all who wander are lost... -Professor J.R.R. Tolkien

I hoip
    in God!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before we continue, just for my own sake, are there any legal ramifications from this? I mean, it is a show tha was on TV. Has enough time passed that it can be freely traded back and forth with out too much of a legal risk?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12