X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you experiencing problems with the site?

Over the weekend the staff have received notification that a few members have had some problems logging into the site.

I have also just seen that some are noticing that there are other problems such as missing friends lists.

I are not sure what is going on. I have been in communication with our code guy and he does not know of any problems.

I have checked with our hosting company and they state that there is no problem with the database.

And I have gone through the Administrators Control Panel item by item and I can find no reason for these problems.

Until we can determine what is happening and what is causing it we cannot fix it.

If anyone is experiencing any problems with the site please post to this thread. I will check this thread every hour until I am sure that these problems are resolved.

If you have any problem logging into the site or you cannot contact me via post or PM please send me an email outside of the forum system.

I can be reached via steve@freedomkilts.com.
    I can also be reached via Skype at Freedom Kilt.s

Please know that I am not at my kilt shop on Sundays or Mondays and not at night. But I do have that email account on my blackberry.

Please, if you notice any problem with the forum or its system, notify me immediately. Please give me as much information as you have. Copy me any error messages you receive or anything else that will help me troubleshoot any problems.

I can assure you all that no changes have been made to the forum software.
    If you are experiencing a problem you are probably not the only one.
    If you will post your problems here you will see that others are probably experiencing the same.

Please, be patient, be persistent. I am trying to determine what is wrong and once I know that, I will fix it.

Thank you to those who have reported problems so far.

And thank you for your understanding.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, a few days ago, I noticed that the list of selections, "About Me, Statistics, Friends...," that used to be in the profiles is missing. Now it's just those buttons that expand a section- like for the ten last visiters.

I also don't seem to get any notification, other than through Email, for friendship requests.

My log on issues have all cleared up, though.

* This is with Fire Fox.
    * It looks like the same thing in IE- just the "About Me" option that you would click on is listed, and none of the other options.
    Last edited by Bugbear; 12th April 10 at 08:30 PM.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…
    Yes, I have squirrels in my brain…

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,

I'm glad to see that my "friends" & "friends comments" are back up

Thanks!
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked at BoldHighlander's profile. I don't see his "About Me" information, nor any way to make it pop up- just his visiter messages. I looked at Steve's profile, and I see his information. In my profile, I have all the fields for the "About Me" information, which I do not have filled in, sitting there and no way to make them go away.

It used to have three or four options that would pop up the information, the friends, or the statistics.

I remember using those just a few days ago.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ted, I'm sorry. Can you please explain a little more about what is wrong with your profile. On my screen your profile looks the same as everyone elses.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is totally unrelated to the profile problem but I've noticed that pages don't consistently load fully on my Blackberry Bold. On this thread for example, it loaded up to Ted's reply (#4). I refreshed and it loaded the first line or two of Steve's (#5). A second refresh loaded everything. I've noticed this for a couple of weeks now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am now able to log on after being denied access since Sunday evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a problems reaching my profile, but now it looks OK.
    I like the breeze between my knees

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Data point: Tuesday, noon thirty EDT...it's all good here with no worries.

Everything seems to work as it should on a PC w/ Firefox; all links hot plus
    send/receive for PMs etc ticking over nicely.

/JT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
    Ted, I'm sorry. Can you please explain a little more about what is wrong with your profile. On my screen your profile looks the same as everyone elses.

The issue I am describing is that something is no longer in any of the profiles. A very short time back there was a list of selections that would pop up different information when you clicked on them: About Me, Statistics, Friends, etc.

I don't find that list anymore, so if someone's profile is displaying the visiter messages, there is no apparent way to view their "About Me" information. This change seems to have come about around the same time that all the log in issues started up.

I apologise if this was a change that had been intentionally made, and I have confused everything.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast