X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEDEE View Post
    And it has just come up on the Scottish Register of Tartans, so it's now "official".

http://www.tartanregister.gov.uk/tar...aspx?ref=10206

Brian
    Fabulous!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bravo !

Member - X Marks Honor Roll
    Former House Chairman/Forum Advocate

Reston, Virginia, USA (Suburban Washington, DC)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkahuna View Post
    This question may have been answered before I came onboard, but where exactly does one keep 100 Kilts?? I have 5 that almost take up one whole closet!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyR View Post
    A "kilt vault"
    A yes...the Vast Vaunted Vaults of Bicknell Grange.
    Dee

Ferret ad astra virtus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very many thanks, everyone, for your wonderfully supportive comments. It goes without saying that I was hugely delighted and honoured when Rocky volunteered to design a new tartan in celebration of my 100th kilt, and Barb practically insisted on converting the first weave into a fine kilt for me. The plan is that Dalgliesh will initially weave just the one kilt length so that I have exclusive use of it for a limited period, after which I may permit a further weave of sufficient length to accommodate approved requests - the details are still to be discussed with Rocky following his return.

I am also thrilled that Rocky managed to have the tartan officially registered with The Scottish Register of Tartans so quickly when, in my innocence, I thought this had to wait until a section of the cloth could be submitted!

My most appreciative thanks to Rocky for all that he is doing, to Barb for what she will do, and to you all for your kind words and thoughts.

Unfortunately, I am not at my best right now and this is being typed on my behalf and to my dictation.

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

toadinakilt
    Get well soon, Hamish. It's a beautiful tartan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post

I am also thrilled that Rocky managed to have the tartan officially registered with The Scottish Register of Tartans so quickly when, in my innocence, I thought this had to wait until a section of the cloth could be submitted!.
    That was my impression also as only that was supposed to be able to confirm the actual thread count.

But that was the STA the new Register may work on a different system.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a great design and I know Hamish will be very happy. It will really suit him and I can't wait to see him well and standing proudly with 8 yards of it wrapped around him
    It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take care, Hamish. We're all interested in seeing you out and about once again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to learn of your illness, Hamish. I pray for your prompt and complete recovery.

Best wishes,
    Ian
    "No man is genuinely happy, married, who has to drink worse whiskey than he used to drink when he was single." ---- H. L. Mencken

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast