X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handforged Santa Belt Buckles

I have had a few Santas ask for belt buckles. Here are 2 designs:

Santa Belt Buckle, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, brass on copper with hand-dropped glass, 3.5 inches diameter, copyright 2010

Santa Belt Buckle, The North Pole, brass on copper with hand-dropped glass, 3.5 inches diameter, copyright 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Cool Mark! Looks like a fun project!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark those are so cool sorry I drop the ball. However there has been a lot of things going on. Anyway I want one of the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer now I will send you a PM.
    Santa Kona
    Founder & Chairman of Clan Claus Society
    Chieftain Clan Kennedy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, I'm not even a Santa and I think the North Pole design is, perhaps, the most beautiful belt buckle I've ever seen. Each time you post you give me new reasons to admire your artistry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian K View Post
    Mark, I'm not even a Santa and I think the North Pole design is, perhaps, the most beautiful belt buckle I've ever seen. Each time you post you give me new reasons to admire your artistry.
    Absolutely agree! Stunning work!
    -Adam
    Not all who wander are lost... -Professor J.R.R. Tolkien

I hoip
    in God!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for your compliments.

Brain, I too love the shadowbox setting of a stone/glass under the dome.

The North Pole design is a bird's eye view of the North Pole where Santa's abode sits in a clearing surrounded by conifers. The homplace glows with the radiance of Rudolph's nose, the activity from the workshop (complete with Forge, by the way), the smells of food from Mrs. Claus' kitchen, and the spirit of Christmas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyger I posted your buckles on The Clan Claus Society's page on ClausNet.com along with sending it out to all of my members via their persional e-mails. My check went out in the mornings post can't wait for my new Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer buckle. I am going to want the North Pole also when I can put the funds together.

Thanks Again You Did a Wonderful Job.
    Santa Kona
    Founder & Chairman of Clan Claus Society
    Chieftain Clan Kennedy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyger View Post
    Thanks to all for your compliments.

Brain, I too love the shadowbox setting of a stone/glass under the dome.

The North Pole design is a bird's eye view of the North Pole where Santa's abode sits in a clearing surrounded by conifers. The homplace glows with the radiance of Rudolph's nose, the activity from the workshop (complete with Forge, by the way), the smells of food from Mrs. Claus' kitchen, and the spirit of Christmas.
    Mark, the thing I like the most about this design is that it's eminently adaptable. For example, how about replacing the trees with Templar or Teutonic crosses with the same red, or even an amethyst colored, glass in the middle. Masonic square and compasses about the edges with blue glass in the middle. The possibilities are endless and every one of them subtle, understated and elegant without losing the rusticity of the hand worked brass and copper. What a pleasure it would be to wear a work of art.

Keep it up,

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, the thing I like the most about this design is that it's eminently adaptable. For example, how about replacing the trees with Templar or Teutonic crosses with the same red, or even an amethyst colored, glass in the middle. Masonic square and compasses about the edges with blue glass in the middle. The possibilities are endless and every one of them subtle, understated and elegant without losing the rusticity of the hand worked brass and copper. What a pleasure it would be to wear a work of art.

Keep it up,

Brian
    Thanks, Brian. Yes, much of what you suggest is doable, given my limitations as a metalsmith, and of course the hand tools that are used in the process. I only use hand tools to make these items: hammers, punches, saw, drill and the like.

That reminds me that I have several cross design buckles that are for sale at the Scottish Tartans Museum Gift Shop, and you can see photographs of those buckles here in the artisan gallery:http://giftshop.scottishtartans.org/tygerforge.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyger View Post
    Thanks, Brian. Yes, much of what you suggest is doable, given my limitations as a metalsmith, and of course the hand tools that are used in the process. I only use hand tools to make these items: hammers, punches, saw, drill and the like.

That reminds me that I have several cross design buckles that are for sale at the Scottish Tartans Museum Gift Shop, and you can see photographs of those buckles here in the artisan gallery:http://giftshop.scottishtartans.org/tygerforge.htm
    Ahhh, Mark, I have admired (coveted?) those buckles even before I was a member here. They're well out of my price range and, at any rate, I don't even have a kilt yet.....Someday, maybe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast