X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    highland mafia is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well due to a longer then anticapated recovery from some surgery I missed George town. Which I was very bummed about.. But I will be at every other games this summer.. I play in the London Fire Fighter pipes and drums.. It'd be cool to meet some of you this summer. So come by our tuning area/ beer tent and say hello.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone going to the Cobourg games this weekend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I am planning on heading to Kinkardine and Fergus - I have been to both in the past and enjoyed them very much.

I am interested in hearing recommendation to attend other games in the region -- please share what you feel are high points for each of the highland games you recommend.

For example, I like Fergus games as I have been going there for years, there is a good turn out in terms of pipes/drums/dancers/heavy events/vendors/public, they have a good variety of musical performers over and above the pipes and drums. The atmosphere is fun; especially where the beverage areas [Grin].

-Scott
    Last edited by ScottMcCurdie; 23rd June 10 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glengarry Highland Games for sure. Probably the largest Games or Scottish event in North America, and hosts the North American Pipe Championships, plus increasingly awesome fiddle events and clinics. Those true dyed in the wool piebers and Scottish Games athletes, the ones in the know, of which I am not one, refer to the GGHG simply as "Maxville", which is of course the host town. "Maxville" says it all.

I've been trying to make it to Fergus but something my superiors call 'work' always comes up.

This year I'm also going to make an exerted effort to make it to the New Hampshire Highland Games, simply because I like it there but have never been. To the Games. Which are not, as far as I know, referred to as "Lincoln".
    Last edited by Lallans; 24th June 10 at 02:08 PM.

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianKilter84 View Post
    Not a local..but I'll be attending the Glengarry Highland Games this summer. My grandmother lives in Maxville, and my girlfriend and I drive up together for the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck of NI View Post
    Glengarry Highland Games for sure. Probably the largest Games or Scottish event in North America, and hosts the North American Pipe Championships, plus increasingly awesome fiddle events and clinics. Those true dyed in the wool piebers and Scottish Games athletes, the ones in the know, of which I am not one, refer to the GGHG simply as "Maxville", which is of course the host town. "Maxville" says it all.
    If either of you gentlemen are at the Glengarry Games and see any kilted members of The Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Highlanders regiment would you be kind enough to take a photo or two and either post it to the Canada's Highland Regiments thread, or email same to me so that I can post them?

Thanks.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and a buddy will be at the Orillia Scottish festival - not to far a trip for us... maybe a couple of blocks walk down to the park

highland mafia is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm at Cambridge this sat and after that Maxville!! Can't wait to clean house up there. Our band will finnish off the season with Fergus.. In Jan. we hold a burns night/band fund raiser..all will be welcome for that!! I promise it'll be the best Burns supper you've had as myself and my culinary students are cooking it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm usually in the Haliburton area the first week of July...I will mark the Games down on my calendar!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12