X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo archives?

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Photo archives?

I noted in the 'Show Us Your Kilt pics' photo thread that only three pages are available for viewing.

How can we access the photo archives if we wish to view older photo threads?
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Okay, when I view the Parent Forum for the Show us your pics sub-forum, it show's there are 4,972 threads, yet all I see is 3 pages with a total of 59 threads.
    When I attempt a go to page & type in a 4 (etc), it will only allow me to view these three pages with the newest 59 threads.

So my question stands:
    How can I/we access the photo archives to view older threads?

Am I missing something?
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go look at it.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…
    Yes, I have squirrels in my brain…

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Terry, I'm sorry I did not see this when you first posted.

I have looked at the Show Us Your Pics threads and also in the Forum Manager of the Admin Control Panel and can find no reason for what you describe.

Using my Wizard of BC log-in I can see all the posts in the Forum Section.

Is anyone else experiencing what Terry is describing?
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see what is going on, I think.

It displays links to pages: 1, 2,3, 11, 12, 13, and so on.

To get to page four you have to click on page three, then it goes there and displays links to 4, 5, ...

I do not see links to all pages listed.

Sorry if this is not what you are talking about.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugbear View Post
    I see what is going on, I think.

It displays links to pages: 1, 2,3, 11, 12, 13, and so on.

To get to page four you have to click on page three, then it goes there and displays links to 4, 5, ...

I do not see links to all pages listed.
    That's the problem, for whatever reason I only see links for page 1, 2, 3. If I go to 3, I still only see links for pages 1, 2, 3.

Now, if I go to a photo thread I have subscribed to I can view that thread, but if I go to back to the homepage I'm still just seeing links to pages 1, 2, 3.

It's weird....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I don't have this issue with any other sub-forum on here, just the Show us your pics sub-forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking that maybe your time range to display is set to, say three or four month, instead of show all threads or something like that. I can't remember where that option is, but I will look for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugbear View Post
    I'm thinking that maybe your time range to display is set to, say three or four month, instead of show all threads or something like that. I can't remember where that option is, but I will look for it.
    Thanks Ted. I figured if I put as much info as I could up there, then someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, missing, or need to correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

HA! Your the man Ted!

After what you posted about range of display, I went to 'Quick Links', clicked on 'Edit Options', then surfed down to 'Default Thread Age Cut Off' & clicked on 'Show All Threads', and...(ta-da!)...I can now view all the photo threads!

Thanks Ted & Steve for looking into this for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast