X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barb,

Thank you SO much for these wonderful images. I'm afraid I have only just come to this thread but agree with all the contributions from our brethren - like them, I cannot wait to see more photos as you progress. I knew from the outset that this was to be a very special kilt indeed, now there is detailed photographic evidence which, in time, will also serve as provenance for this totally unique and, as far as I am concerned, historic garment.

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

gseven1 is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I would just add my 2 cents so to speak and say that is a beautiful tartan. I can't wait to see it finished!

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Barb,Thank you SO much for these wonderful images. I knew from the outset that this was to be a very special kilt indeed....
    As always over the years, Hamish, your impeccable style, sincerity and good taste are exposed in so few words. To use just two more,

"take care",

Rex (t-o-o)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I have been through this thread twice but have not seen the name of this beautiful tartan listed anywhere, and I do not see any listings anywhere for something named "Centennial" tartan, sooooooooo......

What tartan are we all watching being made into a historical piece of artwork?

And, oh, Hi Ham. Great to see you again. Hoping all is going well with you.

jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForresterModern View Post
    What tartan are we all watching being made into a historical piece of artwork?
    This one, I believe.
    Last edited by Tim Little; 4th July 10 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Little View Post
    This one, I believe.
    Thanks. I had forgotten that Hamish was having this special kilt made of a custom designed tartan. Very special, very nice, and very beautiful. Hamish should wear that one with pride, and hang it in the front of the kilt closet where all the others can spy it with envy.

jeff

Mike_Oettle is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Jeff – when the Hamish Bicknell tartan was being discussed I was not yet a member of the forum. But when I saw Tim Little’s note saying “This one” the penny dropped – I had seen it on the Scottish Register of Tartans.
    Since I am taking note of tartans in use outside Scotland, I have been watching new registrations, but I wasn’t sure what to make of “The Hamish Bicknell” at the time. Since then, however, I have read a fair bit about Hamish and his kilt collection, and have come to admire the man.
    It is a fine and most attractive design, well fitted to be Hamish’s 100th.
    And since he lives in England, I have added it to my collection of jpgs under the heading tartans in England and the Channel Islands.
    Actually I have tracked down only one tartan from the Channel Islands (the Cusack family of Guernsey), but it was hardly worth creating a separate file for it. Unlike the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands are hardly a haven of Celtic culture
    I trust Hamish will be in good health when Barb’s work is done and the kilt is delivered to him.
    And then of course we want pictures!
    Regards to all involved,
    Mike
    The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life.
    [Proverbs 14:27]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! That is a good looking Tartan!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123