X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron!

Where on Earth did you find that inventory? Well done! I remember compiling it but, with changes of computer and technical problems, I lost it. I have maintained a rather more detailed inventory on this PC but am not savvy enough to be able to transfer it from a printed paper version to something I can post - or even include in my own comprehensive website (which is still 'work in progress'!).

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post
    Riverkilt,

What gets me is the 25 year gap between the first kilt and the second kilt which precipitated the kiltsplosion.
    That was because until about the time I took early retirement, I had considered the kilt to be a garment to be worn only for my Scottish Country Dance and Highland Dance activities - something like a costume, but I would NEVER EVER describe the kilt as such!! Once retired and freed from the necessity of wearing a pinstripe suit for work, the advantanges of daily kilt wearing began to 'grab' me ........ and the transformation took off.

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    I understand from Robert that there should also be a British Rebel Tan leather RKilt from 2005 in the Kollection Inventory.
    You are correct there Ron. July 2005, No.52 in The Kollection: although I know it as 'British Tan'. My first R-Kilt and still one of my absolute favourite leather kilts. Mmmn!

And thanks for the gallery link Cygnus...had thought that was still under construction.
    I am afraid it still is under construction, Ron, but useable as far as it goes. It does run as far as No.98 but, due to the technical difficulties I ran into, several of the final images there may not be accessible - they certainly have not been titled nor have I been able to add my comments. I was hoping to overcome those problems back at the start of the year, but my health situation prevented my getting the awfully kind chap who constructed the gallery framework down to Storrington to help me. This will now have to wait until after my impending surgery, but it will be done eventually.

For those who are not aware of this gallery format, the initial images are actually thumbnails. Hovering the cursor over an image will/should produce a basic description, but clicking on it will/should bring up an IMAX-sized image (!) complete with description and some comments regarding the kilt or accessories.

Take care,
    Ham.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, some years back when you posted the then current list of the Kollection I copied it. Figured it would be a good reference. When Steve posted the new forums I remembered I might have it somewhere. Found it - and posted.

Then just checked "All threads started by Hamish" and found the updates that I did.

Recognize its pretty choppy and may have some glitches, but figured it would help folks, particularly the newer rabble, realize what a treasure the Kollection is.

What I particularly enjoy is that the Kollection reaches into all the niches' of kilting. The functional working man's kilt beside the pin stripe kilt suit beside the rainbow kilt and the team colors kilt.

Also really like the sub collection of the Gaelic tartans.

And, the Kollection list is working...with all the talk of leather RKilts I'm thinking..."What color next?"
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I Ever Win The Lottery,,,,

My wife and I joke each month as we pay the bills, that if we ever win the lottery we will xxxxxx. That list grows all the time, but I think I will add to own as many kilts as makes me happy. WOW! what a collection.

As an aside I knew Celtic FC had their own tartan, but I had never seen that striped Celtic Kilt before. Any man wearing that to Ibrox Stadium definitely lives without fear.

Thanks for the pics, and kilt info.

Duncanofcolorado is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Look no further than Hamish's own Online Kilt Gallery for pictures of all of his kilts (up to 98, I believe).
    Wow. That was amazing. I especially liked the road crew glow in the dark kilt.
    Hamish is one stylish dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been slowly lingering over the inventory. It is fantastic! Thank you Hamish for making it available, and thank you Steve for posting it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12