X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you

What am I? Speechless, that's what I am! I am not worthy, truly I am not. In fact, I am not sure that I should be contributing to, or reading, this section of the forum at all. One thing I am though, is flattered - very, very flattered indeed - and all I am able to say at this point is a massive THANK YOU to Steve and the Moderators for considering me for this 'vacancy'. What an honour!

Sadly, for the moment, I am unable to spend much time at my computer and so my contributions, if I am permitted any (!), must be non-existent or very limited. However, I will be making every effort to lurk as and when I can. My friends, I trust you understand, and I thank you for your wonderfully kind words, and for finding photos from my past .

Take care,
    Ham.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    What am I? Speechless, that's what I am! I am not worthy, truly I am not.
    Trust me, Hamish....you are worthy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ham

We are looking forward to many, many more photos of your future, particularly the pleat shot on that soon to be completed Hamish Bicknell Centennial masterpiece we have all been privileged to watch Barb T work on these past few weeks. Has to be in the garden, left leg up with foot on the sundial. Never better.

Be well our dear friend.

jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a man is judged by the place he holds in the hearts of his fellows, you are certainly worthy of your own section on the forum.

BTW:
    Rest up, good sir.

In a few weeks there will be a teeming rabble baying for the famous "Hamish Pleat-Shot" in your glorious #100!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine anyone being more worthy my friend.

Be Well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crowd chants, "Hamish! Hamish! Hamish!"
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

toadinakilt
    Pish posh! Stop being so modest! You are a great man, and deserve nothing less than this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember Hamish, one does not receive honors because he thinks he deserves them. He receives them because others feel he does.
    We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. - Japanese Proverb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HIP HIP HUZZAH!!! (or HIP HIP HURRAH!!!)

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davedove View Post
    Remember Hamish, one does not receive honors because he thinks he deserves them. He receives them because others feel he does.
    Indeed!

Rest up, take care of yourself, and visit when you can Hamish.
    And don't worry, we'll be here waiting.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast